Ethan - A Warrior Fighting Atypical HUS Annual Auction. Ends 10/2
- Ryan BrunsUnited States
Please read at the bottom of the header for what's next.
I am running this auction to raise funds for my son’s ongoing medical care. In January of this year he was diagnosed with Atypical HUS. A rare disease for which there is no cure. This disease breaks down his red blood cells and creates clots which then block and shut down his kidneys and other organs. He spent 30 days in Primary Children's Hospital and is home fighting strong. He is currently on a very heavy medication regime including Eculizumab at $12k per dose which he receives thru IV infusion every other week at the children’s hospital.
Fortunately our insurance has been able to cover most of the expenses; however there are additional medication, travel and monthly payments to be paid this year and every year forward since there is currently no cure or alternate treatments.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my auction. Please feel free to Geekmail me with any questions that you may have regarding more information on this disease or the auction itself.
** All games are from a smoke and pet free home and are brand new in shrink unless otherwise noted.
Here are a few rules of the auction
1. PRICES: Most games will be listed with a soft reserve, I reserve the right to not sell the item if the bidding does not reach that level. The prices on any item without bids may be changed at any time.
2. BIDDING: Bidding prices start at $1 per game. Please bid in whole increments of $1 or more.
3. SHIPPING: Shipping charge will be actual cost from 84067 USA and will be paid by the winner. I will ship via USPS, or Fedex (buyer's choice). International bidders are welcome! Local pickup is welcome as well. I will combine shipping on multiple items. Due to the size of this auction please allow 3-5 business days after payment has been received for your games to be shipped out.
4. PAYMENT: All transactions will be done through the BGG marketplace so BGG will get its 3% commission. Payment to be made via Paypal to email@example.com
5. AUCTION END: Auction for each item will close on the evening of October 2nd, 2013. UPDATE: Here's more of a definition on the "evening" close time. I will close the auction sometime after 6pm Mountain Standard Time. This could be 1 hour after, two hours, 4 hours, whenever. I have a time in mind and will close comments when it is finished. I wish I could get more specific but I want to avoid sniping and BGG doesn't have a system in place like other auction sites that would allow you to be away from the auction and have your account bid on your behalf.
Many thanks to those who have donated and bid on this auction. I am humbled by the generosity of those in this community
If you would like to donate an item/game/gg or whatever
Just add an item to the auction in the geeklist.
Just be sure to type in a game condition and shipping info.
The person who donated the item and the buyer can work out the shipping details. Please pay shipping costs to the person who donated the game/item.AUCTION CLOSED
Auction is closed. What's next?
1)Items below soft reserve will be decided if they are sold or not.
2)I will be sending out one-way trades to those who have won items. Please accept the trade and send me your mailing address in the response.
3)I will calculate shipping for your items and send you shipping options in your trade offer. Please select which option you would like. I will charge the exact shipping price, no handling or anything like that. I will provide tracking where available
4)Please allow 3-5 business days for me to get your items shipped out. I will do my best to keep it in this time frame.
5)If you purchased an item from another seller in this auction I will contact them to let them know when your payment has been made and send them your mailing address
6)Please send your payment via Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org - Include your BGG user name in the notes so I can link transactions up.
7)Please feel free to contact me via Geekmail or email if you have any questions at all.
And last of all I want to express my families deepest gratitude to all of you, winning bidders or not. Each bid posted meant a lot to us and showed us how great this community really is.
It's been a tough year for our family, but gaming has been a great outlet for Ethan and I. We have felt the support from our local game group and now the support from the gaming community as a whole.
I appreciate all of you for spreading the word about this auction, for your bids, games and items donated, geekgold that was given, the kind emails and messages I received. I have truly felt like we are not alone in this fight.
THANK YOU ALL - Yes I am shouting it Thank you. If there is ever anything I can do for any of you please feel free to contact me.
Ryan, Anne, Ethan, Avery & Sophie
UPDATE 10/21/2013 - I hope to have the rest of everything shipped out this week. I am sorry for the delay on this. Please feel free to contact via geekmail if you have any questions and thank you for your patience and for such a successful auction.
- [+] Dice rolls