CYBER MONDAY SALE: Space Hulk! Space Alert! Busen Memo! Balloon Cup! Dracula! Richelieu! Risk Express! Modern Art! Mertwig's Maze! Great Khan Game!
- Jhonna Niver(Kytty)United States
THIS AUCTION IS CLOSEDRecommend
Money for Mom, Part 1
I have been playing and collecting board games since I was a young child. Some of my earliest gaming memories were sitting at the dining room during family gatherings to play Texas 42. I come from a family line of cutthroat domino players and card sharks, so my sister and I learned how to compete with the adults if we didn't want to be relegated to the "kiddie tables" with our snooty girl cousins or gross, immature boy cousins. Our Mom was instrumental in introducing us to other games like AD&D, Cosmic Encounter, Dragon Master, Starship Troopers, the entire Parker Brothers line (of course!) Awful Green Things, Dragon Magazine games and so many other classics.
Now Mom needs my help - she's been a bedbound invalid for the last 10 years due to arthritis, diabetes complications, and numerous unsuccessful back surgeries during the 70's and 80's. My Father was her primary caretaker. He passed away two years ago after a battle with cancer. She has insisted on living in her house alone. She pays caregivers to come by for 4 hours a day and my sister and I take care of her on weekends. She lives solely on social security, but is told she makes too much to qualify for Medicaid unless she signs over her house to go live in a facility. She won't do that as she's deathly afraid of them because of bad experiences while taking care of my Grandmother.
She's finally decided to look into Assisted Living Care because she can't afford to continue paying for the caregivers and the house and utilities. Dad's Life Insurance money is gone now thanks to the AC/Heater dying, leaky plumbing in the attic, and an 8 week Hospital stay that we found out later wasn't totally covered by Medicare. I buy her groceries and household goods out of my own family's budget.
I found out this weekend she's going to have her electricity cut off Friday and she's three weeks behind paying for the caregivers. She's behind on her other bills as well. My sister and I helped catch up the caregivers (or else they would stop caring for her) but she's so far behind on other things she'll never get caught up.
What else is a daughter to do?
All games come from a pet free and smoke free home. We are a family of asthmatics and allergic to just about everything except board games and each other.
1. All "bids" are BIN (Buy It Now). I want to sell them and sell them quickly.
2. If you want several items on the list and would like to make me an offer, geekmail me. However, if someone has already BINed one of the items in your offer, I cannot accept it since they bought it first.
3. Shipping will be paid for by the winner. Games will be shipped via UPS Ground or USPS Flat Rate box. If you allow me to ship UPS to your place of employment from my place of employment, the UPS rates are VERY reduced.
4. I will combine shipping if you win multiple items. I won't be able to ship until Tuesday, December 10 at the earliest though.
5. Shipping to USA only for Space Hulk, and Space Alert
and Robo Rally. Sorry my International friends, I think the shipping cost to locations outside of the USA would be too much for you. Local Houston pick-up is fine with me (I live on the north side and attend events in Champions, Spring, Klein, Kingwood and The Woodlands)!
6. Sorry, but PayPal only unless you are doing local pick up, then cash is fine. All games will be listed in the marketplace to ensure BGG gets their 3% cut.
End date: Dec. 7th at 11:59 p.m. CST. No more bids after this time. What has not been sold will be included in another auction to follow this one. Mom needs a lot more money than just this one will bring in. This is just a quickie sale to get things started.
12/2/13 Edit: Hubby is still undecided about Robo Rally so I am not going to sell it at this time.
- [+] Dice rolls