Top 50 Medium / Heavy Board Game League - Week 4
- TJ H(xlist21)United States
Week 5 is now up : http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/172439/top-50-medium-heavy...Recommend
In this league, users compare a game against two other games : a game that is right above the game and a game that is right below the game.
For example, 30th ranked game will be compared against 29th ranked game and 31st ranked game.
For this league, games whose complexity is equal or larger than 3.025 are considered. I will run a separate league for games whose complexity is lower than 3.025.
Top 50 games would be rearranged based on this week's poll and would be posted next week with new polls.
Subscription thread : http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171351/bgg-top-50-medium-h...
Please thumb this geek list to make it exposed to larger public.
Last week's result summary
Notable Risers : Village(+6) / Steam/AoS(+4) / Keyflower (+4)
Notable Fallers : Android : Netrunner(-5) / Mage Wars (-4)
Largest Victory : Keyflower(73%) vs Prince of Florence(27%)
Matches Not happening
* If a same matchup happens again and one game gained more than 58% of the poll last week, the match does not happen for following two weeks.
* If a same matchup has hold for two weeks in a row and the result was same, the match does not happen for following two weeks.
- Terra Mystica vs Through The Ages, Caverna vs T & E(2nd week), T &E vs War of the Ring(2nd week)
Special Rank Change
* Assume game g1, g2, g3 ranked in order. If a game g2 defeats both g1 and g3 & g3 scored 10% more than g1 against same opponent g2, g3>g1 is assumed (and vice versa).
- Entries subject to this rule : None
Upward/Downward Trend Games Rule
* Upward Trend : If a game is outside top 10 & won all the matches in recent two weeks, a game get a chance to match with a game whose rank is two steps higher than its (this is in addition to original matches).
* Downward Trend (10-30): If a game's rank is 10-30 & lost all the matches in recent two weeks, a game swaps its position with one rank lower than it (unless that one is also in downward trend; in such a case, first non-downward trend game moves to the top of downward games).
- This week : Android : Netrunner, Caylus, Robinson Crusoe, Mage Wars
* Downward Trend (30-50): If a game's rank is 30-50 & lost all the matches against non-downard trend games in recent two weeks, a game swaps its position with one rank lower than it (unless that one is also in downward trend; in such a case, first non-downward trend game moves to the top of downward games).
- This week : The Prince of Florence, Chaos in the Old World, Paths of Glory, Hannibal : Rome vs Carthage, Runewars, Combat Commander, Here I Stand
* Upward Trend & Downward Trend : If a downward trend game is above the upward trend game, these two gets swapped.
Note that some of these special rules will be removed in the future when the list gets more stabilized. Main goals of rules 3-6 are to make games find its appropriate positions quicker.
- [+] Dice rolls