2014 - Geek Minor League Championship -- MAIN BRACKET - Semi-finals -- VOTING CLOSED
- Tiago Perretto(tiagoVIP)Brazil
ParanaSo, if my only options are these, then I shall...
Welcome to the MAIN BRACKET Semi-finals of the Geek Minor League Championship!
In the Quarter-finals eight games battled for a place in the Semi-finals, and yours favorites 4 got through.
Some data from the last round:
- Highest single vote (winner): Small World & Small World Underground (138) with 137 votes
- Lowest single vote (winner): Survive: Escape from Atlantis! with 92 votes
- Highest single vote (loser): Saint Petersburg with 90 votes
- Biggest Loser: Innovation with 73 votes
- Most heated dispute: Hive vs. Small World & Small World Underground (138) (with 213 votes)
- Coldest dispute: Notre Dame vs. Kingsburg (180 votes)
- Biggest blow out: Small World & Small World Underground (138) over Hive (61 votes of difference)
- Tightest race: Survive: Escape from Atlantis! over Saint Petersburg (02 votes of difference)
- 02 wins for the better seeded and 02 upsets
- Total votes for the Quarter-finals: 758 (94.75 average)
Preliminary Round 1
Preliminary Round 2
- I gather, starting from the game ranked 53 (Nations) up, the games that didn't appear in the Geek Madness Tournament, and going so far as the game ranked 179 (Kingsburg) - they form the Minor League.
- The first 10 seeds don't have an opponent yet. This is the function of the two preliminary rounds.
- How they are seeded? By rank. The first 10 don't have opponents right from the start. The seeds 11 to 54 face each other according to their seeds. The seeds 55 to 94 will face face each other according to their seeds, and 10 of them will become the opponents for the top 10 seeds (you can see this in the image bellow).
- As in the Geek Madness Tournament, games were united to form one entry - it is possible, probable even, that a few games that should form one entry, didn't. I'm sorry for this.
Rules (this bit is an almost word-by-word of the Geek Madness Rules):
For each match-up, vote for your favorite game by clicking on the thumbs-up icon. This round ends April 15th, without a definitive end hour (will end when I choose). A thumb for the GeekList is not required but encouraged and appreciated! Please help this stay on the front page to attract the attention of the most voters. Thanks!
You may vote for any games, whether you have owned or played them. You can vote based on any criteria that is important to you. You can cheer for your team, recruit legitimate voters, and rib the other team - just keep it modestly civil! Please feel free to comment on the games and match-ups, and most importantly, have fun!
IMPORTANT: This is meant as a fun competition. Please only vote with your main User account, i.e., ONE VOTE PER PERSON PER GAME PER ROUND (yes, you may vote for both games in a pairing if you really are undecided). Do not create "dummy" or shill accounts to vote multiple times as those votes will be voided if discovered.
So, I hope you all like a little more (madness?) competion between games!
Please, subscribe to this thread if you like to receive notifications about the new rounds of the Championship:
Geek Minor League Championship -- Subscription Thread
You don't have to thumb the GeekList itself, but is highly encouraged and appreciated! This will help it to stay on the front pages to attract more voters. So, if you thumbed: thank you!
- [+] Dice rolls