18 card Microgame Contest Geeklist 
Voting is now open!
Voting will be open for over three weeks, so no need to rush -- best to decide where all your votes/medals will go first
Quick reminder of the categories and rules:
Best Game (5 medals, mandatory)
Best Theme (3 medals)
Best Art / Illustration (3 medals)
Best Graphic Design / Layout (3 medals)
Best Mechanic (3 medals)
Originality / Innovation (3 medals)
So there's 20 medals to award (votes to cast) in total.
All the categories after the first one should be reasonably assessable by just reading/looking at game cards. We understand that people can only play a small number of games, so we hope that everyone will have a look at more games for these later categories. With so many entires a lot of games deserve to win!
Voting is only open to BGG users; you'll have to enter your username.
Within each category, medals must go to different games.
You're only allowed to vote for any particular game TWICE, and for you own games just ONCE, in the ENTIRE voting form. If you've submitted more than 1 game, you may vote for each of your games once. (We don't want people putting the same 3 games in all categories.)
Voting in the first category (Best Game) is mandatory. In the later categories, you may choose to SKIP the entire category by awarding no medals AT ALL. (Awarding just one or two is not allowed: we don't want people to vote for their own game and no-one else.)
Any votes that don't adhere to these rules will be ignored.
Microgames are Awesome!
This contest is going to be incredible!
I am also excited about the other contests happening right now.
Together, we are making MicroGames more and more popular.
After the success of my last microgame contest:
I couldn't wait to start this one.
Contest starts - August 31, 2014
Contest ends - Dec. 3rd, 2014
Voting ends - Dec. 30th, 2014
01. Dragons and Pagasi - Martin Windischer - (2p)
02. Do Not Forsake Me (Oh My Darling) - Todd Sanders - (1p)
03. Space Farm - Chris Nash - (?p)
04. Eleciones-en-lanolinas - Campri Marco - (2p)
05. ChromaWerks - George Jaros - (2p)
06. Botanik - Gary Boyd - (2-4p)
07. It's a M-monster - Julian Anstey - (?p)
08. CMYK - Owen Top - (4p)
09. Color me lucky! - Janos Decsei - (1-4p)
10. Snacklet - Extra Avocado - (3-4p)
11. Vasa Egalis - Nicholas Hjeimberg - (?p)
12. Five Stories - Aaron Reimer - (2p)
13. Intrigue in Grevelheim - Dennis Bennett - (2-4p)
14. 18 card RPG - james Ryan - (3-4p)
15. Micronnect - Martin Windischer - (2p)
16. Evil Inc. - Marc Di Stefano - (2p)
17. The Dream Collectors - Dave Hamrick - (?p)
18. In the fridge - Odd Hackwelder - (2+p)
19. Circle Dance - Clayton Ramsey - (2-5p)
20. F.I.S.T. - Owen Top (?p)
21. The Maiden in the forest - Todd Sanders - (1p)
22. Run deep Run silent - Mykyta Ushatov - (2p)
23. The It That Fits - Aaron Reimer (?p)
24. To Reign Supreme - George Jaros - (2p)
25. Relo - Julian Anstey - (2+p)
26. Toppers! - Extra Avocado - (2p0
27. Dango Unchained - Extra Avocado - (2p)
28. Land and Sea - Dennis Bennett - (?p)
29. Pyramid Pursuit - Jared Ketterman - (?p)
30. Wicked Pizza - Daniel Isom & Jeremy Peet - (2p)
31. Me Throw Rock - Jeremy Peet - (2 or 4p)
32. The fray - Isaias Vallejo - (2-4p0
33. Soccer Star - Odd Hackwelder - (2p)
34. All Out:card Cricket - pilip Pack (2p)
35. Micro Rome - Michel - (1p)
36. Monster Musak - Robert Seater - (?p)
37. Stuck - Shae Nash - (2p)
38. Pipe Dream - Martin Windischer (2-4p)
39. 8 bit Alphabet - Philip F - (2p)
40. You choose These Woes - Gustavo Herodier - (2-3p)
41. Reales - Julian Anstey - (?p)
42. Crannog - Koen Hendrix - (3-5p)
43. DQ'ed - David Brain _ 91p)
44. Leauge of Extraordinary Scientists - Dmitry Tikhomirov - (1-2p)
45. To the end of the line - George Jaros - (?p)
46. Essential War - leo Dip - (2p)
47. Rosabelle Believe - Scott Slomiany (?p)
48. Amelis: three factions - Peter Jackson - (2-4p)
49. Castles Battle - Greg korwi 92-3p0
50. Space Detective - Robert Seater - (3-6p)
51. Cthulh-You - Alex M. - (?p)
52. Idunn's Apples - Caroline Berg - (1p)
53. war of Ro - Thomas Girard (2p)
54. Cadence - Tom Hardy - (2p)
55. ChibiYakuza - Marc Di Stefano - (2p)
56. Pirates enjoy Math - George Jaros - (2-4p)
57. Water Lily - Pak Cormier (2p)
58. The Great Escape - Mike NZ - (1p)
59. Comrade - Nicolas Hjelmberg - (5-10p)
60. Zombie Horde - Julian Anstey - (1p)
61. ChibiBratva - Marc Di Stefano - (2p)
62. Hotel Manager - Campari Marco - (2p)
63. Starship Encounter - Maciej Kozlowski (?p)
64. 8 Horrors - Chris Hansen - (1p)
65. Kingdom Crossroads - Jeremy White - (2p)
66. Chibi Mafia - Marc Di Stefano - (2p)
67. Attack on Omaha Beach - Joseph Propati (1p)
68. Boxing Legend - Jeremy White - (2p)
69. Where will the Little Green Man Be Next - Dmitry Tikhomirov - (1-2p)
70. Colonia - L Bliek - (12-4p)
71. Karate Champion - Jeremy White - (2p)
72. 18 Cards of the MMA - Jared Stiefel - (?p)
73. Chris' All-Time Top 20 - Roullier Francais (2-8p)
74. A Cheater Through and Through - Romuald Chapeau - (3-4p)
75. Gulag - Nicholas Hjelmberg - (2-10p)
76. Deception - Michael Brown - (3-4p)
77. Recto/Verso - Pak CormierLeandre Proust (2p)
78. Meteor Shower - Bobby West - (2-4p)
79. Master's Dojo - John Turner - (2p)
80. Miner's Delight - Gordon Secor - (2-4p)
81. Beard Men - Odd Hackwelder - (2-4p)
82. Steel Supremacy - Joseph Miragliuolo - (2p)
83. Dragon Punch - Koen hendrix (2p)
84. So Scan Disk - Romuald Chapeau - (3-5p)
85. Policies - Geri - (2p)
86. Micro Civilization - Timo Aho - (2p)
87. Boulevard Brawlers - August larson (2p)
88. Smack-O-Lantern - Odd Hackwelder - (2p)
89. Z vs. Z - Herve Fortin - (2-4p)
1. Games must have exactly 18 cards.
2. The game needs to be a "Print and Play" file
3. Each game needs a logo (this will also be your game title pic)
4. Each game needs a pic of the cards (2 pages across, 9 cards per page)
5. You can't use components such as dice, meeples, and chips.
6. Rules need to fit on Cards (2.5x3.5, 64x89mm). You decide how many.
7. You may get one artist to help with the artwork if needed.
8. You must have permission to use all artwork.
9. You will retain all rights to your game.
10. Enter as many as you want.
11. No restrictions on theme.
12. You must play and comment on 3 games per 1 game you enter.
Tips given here and on the geeklist will be combined and given to the winners. I will also donate gg into the pot.
Please throw some money in there to make it juicy.
I am also going to publish a minimum of 2 games for this contest.
With the possibility of publishing many more.
I want to have the people to vote in the poll for the winners.
But in the end I will choose what games I want to publish.
A poll will be created for each category.
1. Best Game. (1st, 2nd, 3rd)(40%, 20%, 10%)
2. Best Art. 15%
3. Best theme 15%
All the money donated will be divided between the category winners.
Current Prize Pot: 1010 gg
I created a geeklist for the entries.
Post your entries in the WIP thread.
I suggest using dropbox.
Also upload a logo pic and cards pic into your gallery and post a link.
I would like to involve gamecrafter
Not sure if I should make it required or not
They have good price for 18 cards with a wrap.
Around 5 bucks I believe.
I could just purchase the ones I am considering to publish
maybe I can work out a deal with gamecrafter if a lot of people are interested.
The plan right now is to publish 2 of the winners with one of my games.
This would be 3 games in a standard size tuck box.
If there are lots of great games I am willing to go bigger.
I am also considering individually packaging them and as a set.
I think kickstarter would be a good option.
I know everyone will want to know the terms.
It will be industry standard.
I can lay out the rules if needed.
or discuss with the winners after I choose.
If you want to know about my background:
I just ran a kickstarter for Monster Deck 55
It was 327% funded with 250 backers.
*I will be adjusting the rules a little.
Please voice your suggestions!!
All your opinions are welcome.
- [+] Dice rolls