Australia wide late 2014 CanCon centered ship-shape maths trade!
- Bruce MurphyAustralia
For those unfamiliar, CanCon is a games convention held in Canberra from Sat 24th - Monday 26th of January over the Australia Day long weekend.
See details: http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/
thepackrat / batcut / mr_lunch / huffa2.
What this means is that you need to start thinking about how you're going to get your games to or from CanCon right now. If you can't do either, you're going to be up for two directions of postage.
Here are the rules.
If you are sending a game you must do one of:
1. Take it CanCon yourself.
2. Arranging in advance for someone to take it to CanCon
(When we say to CanCon, we mean 'to the table in the library by 2pm on the Saturday')
3. Pay postage to the recipient yourself via whatever co-shipping arrangement you can.
4. Negotiate directly with the recipient in advance that something I haven't thought of takes place to your mutual benefit.
If you are receiving a game you must do one of:
1. Collect it from CanCon yourself
2. Arranging in advance for a mule collect it from CanCon
(When we say collect from CanCon, we mean 'from the table in the library by 4pm on the Saturday')
3. Arranging in advance for some exceedingly nice Canberran to collect them for you and send them to you at your cost.
4. Negotiate directly with the sender in advance that something I haven't thought of takes place to your mutual benefit.
No. These are not like your regular rules. We know. See discussion thread.
Now, it seems that nobody from WA is going to CanCon, so a number of us are getting together to organise collection from the table (MrBaggy) and help contribute to the cost of (me) one or more group shipments of whatever games are headed back to WA. There is going to need to be a single person in charge of collection and distribution at the other end. I don't know who that is yet. (UPDATE TO FOLLOW)
0. Everyone should work together to make this ship-shape trade work out for everyone getting their games in good order. Be up front about delays. Overcommunicate. Try to help other folks out. Seek help if you hit trouble.
1. Board games, card games, RPG games only.
2. Combined items are fine
3. List condition in detail, note edition and try to make the picture match.
4. Cash items are fine, list a guide price. Anyone receiving cash is required to donate 3% to BGG.
5. Pre-trade buying is fine. Delete or otherwise clearly mark no longer available items before the deadline, submit an empty want-list after it.
6. Comments are great. Feel free. There's also a discussion thread.
7+8 there are no 7 or 8. Yet.
9. All want-list submissions should have gone through my want list verifier to ensure they are not malformed. I'm going to do it anyway, and the wantlist verifier will be less snarky about it.
Discussion thread is here: Australia wide late 2014 CanCon centered ship-shape maths trade discussion thread.
wiki link for much documentation: Aussie Maths Trade (some documentation may be out of date)
Dates, aspirational or otherwise (All times in Sydney timezone)
All items added by 11pm, 1 Jan 2015.
Final item numbers + validator available latest the following morning
Final lists due by geekmail to thepackrat by 8pm 5 Jan 2015
Results posted for paniced inspection: 10pm 5 Jan 2015.
Last panics responded to: 11.59pm 5 Jan 2015.
4. Results are final, immutable, and bloody well fixed. 0.00am 6 Jan 2015.
Results here: http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/games/mt-cancon-2015/
Put your leftovers on this list: CanCon late 2014 ship-shape maths trade leftovers list
See you at CanCon.
Get a starting template here: template-link
Use this verifier before submitting your list: verifier-link
Tools and templates to help linked at end of Aussie Maths Trade wiki.
- [+] Dice rolls