Sydney no-ship Maths Trade, April 2015
This is now the second no-ship Maths Trade for Sydney, Australia. I'm going to be organising it along with David and we're collecting volunteers to help as collection points and cajoling. You can see the organisers to the right.
The philosophy of a single-city Maths trade is we mislike the rapacious costs of Australia Post with large games, and that we should organise the bulk of exchanges to happen at one of the big game gatherings, this time the North Side Gamers.
We're going to have some folks who can act as drop-off and collection points to get games to and from NSG where most of the exchanges should happen, and we also encourage people to take this as an opportunity to get to know people in their local area who they can catch up with to play and exchange games.
As the sender of a game, you're responsible for communicating to the recipient and choosing either:
1. getting the game to NSG
2. taking the game to the recipient
3. organising attendance at a game event in Sydney or a friendly mule.
As the recipient, you're responsible for communication and
1. picking the game up from NSG
2. organising someone to get it from NSG for you or
3. if the sender isn't NSGing, being available to have the game delivered.
We expect everyone to pitch in to make this work, but the onus is on the sender to ensure things go smoothly. If you're in a far-flung suburb, we'll have to work something out.
Let's all try to be sensible!
All the usual AU maths trade rules apply (wiki links to follow).
0. Everyone should work together to make this no-ship trade work out for everyone getting their games in good order. Be up front about delays. Overcommunicate. Try to help other folks out. Seek help if you hit trouble.
1. Board games, card games, RPG games only.
2. Combined items are fine
3. List condition in detail, note edition and try to make the picture match.
4. Cash items are fine, list a guide price. Anyone receiving cash is required to donate 3% to BGG.
5. Pre-trade buying is fine. Delete or otherwise clearly mark no longer available items before the deadline, submit an empty want-list after it.
6. Comments are great. Feel free. There's also a discussion thread.
7+8 there are no 7 or 8. Yet.
9. All want-list submissions should have gone through my want list verifier to ensure they are not malformed. I'm going to do it anyway, and the wantlist verifier will be less snarky about it.
Discussion thread here
wiki link for much documentation: Aussie Maths Trade
Verifier here: http://www.rattus.net/cgi-bin/checktrades.py
Dates (all times in Sydney time)
Add items until 10pm April 25th Final codes will be published by 10pm April 26th Wantlists due (to me by geekmail) by 10pm May 2nd Results posted 10:30pm May 2nd. Results are final and binding (last chance for newbie to scream) 11.30pm May 2nd.
Maths trade is done!
Results are here http://www.rattus.net/~packrat/games/mt-syd-may-2015
Put your leftover items here: leftovers geeklist
- [+] Dice rolls