Second Irish Math Trade Geeklist
- Seamus O'Toole(tuathail)Ireland
Welcome to the (probably) second ever Irish Math Trade.Recommend
Some of you may remember the wildly successful math trade that took place at this time last year. This time around there are a few changes.
But first, some folk in the audience may be wondering just what is a math trade anyway?
The basic concept of a math trade is that each participant lists games that he has for trade, and after everyone has added their games for trade each participant goes back over the list to see what they'll be willing to take for their trade items. Then we let a computer programme figure out what set of trades makes most of us happy.
An important thing to note is that just because you list an item, it doesn't mean you have to trade it. If after the first deadline there isn't anything you want to trade it for on the list, simply don't send a want list for that item and you are guaranteed to keep it.
Threads you can read if you want more details are the Math Trade Guide and Math Trades For Dummies threads.
I'll open a discussion thread for questions shortly.
If you have any questions please ask them at the discussion thread.
Rules of the trade.
1) This trade is open to anyone with a postal address in Ireland including Northern Ireland. (ie An Post Zone 1)
If last year is any indication, most of the trading will probably end up happening at Gaelcon, but even if you are attending your trade partner(s) might not be.
2) Each item for trade is to have it's own entry in this list. If you are trading a game and it's expansion as a bundle they should be a single item on the list, if they are trading separately they should be listed separately.
3) This trade is for games, expansions and gaming accessories. Accessories includes promo's, figures, cards, and anything else gaming related. No cash, vouchers, or similar.
4) Please give accurate descriptions of the state of any items you're trading. Including (i) any missing or damaged components, (ii) any damage to packaging, (iii) the edition of the game if relevant, particularly for non-English language editions.
5) Do Not remove any items after listing them. If you change your mind about trading something either change it's game id to 23953 (outside the scope of BGG) and in the text state what it was and that it's been withdrawn (stating why is optional). Or simply don't submit a want list for that item.
When it comes to sending in your want list, please send it in the form
(MyUserName) MyIDName : IDName1 IDName2 IDName3 IDName4
Where 'MyUserName' is your username (in brackets), 'MyIDName' is the list id of the item you are trading and everything after the colon is the list of entries you would take for that item in order of preference.
I will post up a list of the IDNames to use after the first submission deadline closes.
If this scares and confuses you, I will accept want lists in plain English and parse them myself, but I'd prefer not to.
Gaelcon starts on the 23rd, so to allow for anyone who'll be travelling to make any last minute adjustments to their luggage, I'll be posting the final list of trades on the evening of the 20th.
Deadlines for this trade are
Submissions: Wednesday 14th October at 6pm
Want list: Tuesday 20th October at 6pm
Voting is now closed. The list of trades will be posted in a comment here and on the discussion thread.
Everyone who is trading please contact the person (or people) you are to send your item to to arrange delivery.
- [+] Dice rolls