18 Card MicroGame Contest Geeklist 
18 Cards Facebook Group link:
This contest is going to be incredible!
I am also excited about the other contests happening right now.
Together, we are making MicroGames more and more popular.
I couldn't wait to start this one.
This one has very specific limitations.
You need to design a game using 18 cards exactly.
Last year the game rules needed to be included into the cards.
This year that is also allowed, but you can use all 18 cards for the game. You can use an extra rule sheet 3.5 x 5 (the size of 2 cards side by side , front and back).
If you use the rules on the cards, maybe use the rules sheet for a diagram or something. The rulesheet is not to be used for gameplay.
Also, and this might scare people. No components.
Paper and pencil could be used for scoring, hard to avoid in some cases.
Next year we will allow 18 small components. This will be the 3rd round of the cycle. The following year will go back to 18 cards and nothing else.
Geeklist Entry Guildlines
Please follow the basic set up of entry number 1 (I'm Faster)
1. Include a logo for your game
2. Put the title in bold size 18 header
3. tagline in size 11 italic
4. List the player count, age and time
5. Write a brief summary
6. Post images 2x2 front pages side by side or front back, front back - size medium
7. Post image of rule sheet spread top bottom - size medium
8. Include rest of rules
9. game status
10. download pnp link
Contest starts - August 31, 2015
Geeklist opens - Oct 1, 2015
Submission Deadline - Dec. 30th, 2015 (extended from Dec. 3rd)
Final 18 selected - Jan. 3, 2016
Voting ends - Jan. 31st, 2016
1. I'm Faster - Odd Hackwelder - (2-3p)
2. Iconoclasm - Nicholas Hjelmberg - (1-4p)
3. Haunted Dungeon - Jessey - (2-4p)
4. Thug Wars! - Donald Brown - (2p)
5. Snowball Fight - George Jaros - (2p)
6. 18 Cards and No Name - George Jaros - (2-4p)
7. Explore the Galaxy - Tim Davidson - (1p)
8. CAMPING MANAGER - Lucrezia - (2, 4, 6p)
9. Pulp Detective - Todd Sanders - (1p)
10. Tiny Token Toss - Joseph Propati - (2p)
11. Ladybug - Maciej Kozlowski - (1p)
12. Voyages - Maciej Kozlowski - (1p)
13. Castle under Siege! - Joseph Propati - (2p)
14. Autumn - 7isprime - (1-3p)
15. Pain Dance (Working title) - Douglas Rees - (2p)
16. The Great micro Game: Conflicts of Central Asia - Gary Boyd - (1-2p)
17. Carrier Combat - Jeremy White - (2p)
18. The Wizard of Wookey Hole - BLIND PEW - (2-4p)
19. Prince of Pies - Caroline Berg - (1p)
20. Dragon at the Party - Cornixt - (2-6p)
21. 4th Grade Confidential - George Jaros - (3-5p)
22. Overbooked Tour Bus - Joseph Miragliuolo - (2p)
23. Find the EXIT - Eric Miller - (1p)
24. Harold Rex Interfectus - Chris Hansen - (1p)
25. Cross Promotion - Chris Hansen - (1p)
26. Shuangxi - Koen Hendrix - (?p)
27. Odin Quest - todd sanders - (1p)
28. SixTeen - gaid whitenan - (2-4p)
29. First Strike - Jun Hu - (4-10p)
30. L-squad - Maciej Kozlowski - (1p)
31. Townlife - Gordon Pace Flores - (2-4p)
32. Diametric - Brian Lelas - (2-3p)
33. Plan Ahead - Eric Miller - (2p)
34. IRONCLADS OF SATURN - mike heim - (2p)
35. This Blessed Plot - voynitsky - (2p)
36. Interceptors Over Saturn - mike heim - (1-3p)
37. The Rainbow Arena - felix bernat - (3p)
38. Wu Xing Master - Micah Fuller - (2p)
39. Politburro - Nicholas Hjeimberg - (5-10p)
40. Haze City - Charles Ward - (2p)
41. Action Point Tennis - M. Vincent Broom - (2p)
42. Scratch - Mark Tuck - (1-5p)
43. Minicipality - Rich Dodgin - (1p)
44. 8 Arms to Hold You - Gustavo Herodier - (?p)
45. Sploosh! - Graham Allen - (2p)
46. Fresh Big Time - 80's commodity - Tim Davidson - (1-4p)
47. The Last War - Omar Mariotti - (2p)
48. Intergalactic School Conqueror - David Santoso - (2-4p)
49. Liamacorn Ranger - Marc DiStefano - (1-2p)
50. The Architect - Charles Ward - (1p)
51. Narrations - Hendrianto Kusuma - (2p)
52. In-Flu-ence - Romuald Chapeau - (3-4p)
53. Subway Courier - Douglas Rees - (1-2p)
54. SEN (Save the Queen) - Ang Martin - (2p)
55. Small Area Plan - Payden McRoberts - (1p)
56. Monkey Climber - Wikan Prabowo - (3-4p)
57. Jurus - Iqbai Aifurqon - (2p)
58. Fool of the Feast - Niklas Hook - (2-4p)
59. Fight or Fleece - Pavel Mitov - (2p)
60. Law of the Land - Siddharth M - (1p)
61. Marooned - Mark Tuck - (1p)
62. Rouger - Steven Tu - (1p)
63. Inside Trader - Jeroen paardekooper - (1p)
64. Glass Angel - Charles Ward - (1-4p)
65. Epic Fights: Kung-Fu Masters - Tamas Csepregi - (2p)
66. Combo Robo - Adhitya W Purnama - (2-4p)
67. Quantum Capture - Nyles Breecher - (1-2p)
68. Guess the Number - Kamal Ikamal - (2-4p)
1. Games must have exactly 18 cards and a rule sheet(3.5x5).
2. The game needs to be a "Print and Play" file
3. Each game needs a logo (this will also be your game title pic)
4. Each game needs a pic of the cards (2 pages across, 9 cards per page)
5. You can't use components such as dice, meeples, and chips.
6. Rules can be printed on one sheet for PNP purposes.
7. You may get one artist to help with the artwork if needed.
8. You must have permission to use all artwork.
9. You will retain all rights to your game.
10. Enter as many as you want.
11. No restrictions on theme.
12. You must play and comment on 3 games per 1 game you enter.
13. You are allowed to require players to alter cards (cut, fold, punch) but do it at your own risk. As long as it starts with 18 cards and a folded rule sheet.
Tips given here and on the geeklist will be combined and given to the winners. I will also donate gg into the pot.
Please throw some money in there to make it juicy.
I am also going to publish a minimum of 2 games for this contest.
With the possibility of publishing many more.
(This will take some time, but it will happen)
There will be 2 phases of judging.
The first phase will use thumbs on the geeklist and selection by judges to get it down to a final 18. Then There will be a judging poll to select the winners.
A poll will be created for each category.
1. Best Game. (1st, 2nd, 3rd)(40%, 20%, 10%)
2. Best Art. 10%
3. Best theme 10%
4. Most original 10%
All the money donated will be divided between the category winners.
Current Prize Pot: 715 gg
- [+] Dice rolls