Why not? A US only Shipping Math Trade
- Jon DavidUnited States
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
UPDATE 4/25 ~ 8 PM Pacific - There are issues with re-syncing the OLWLG at this time. Hopefully a solution will come. I will extend the want period as soon as I can do the final re-sync. Until then go on with your lives or grab a bucket of popcorn. The main discussion is in the discussion link below.
There will be a leftovers Math trade 24 hours after this one completes. It will have a 3 day submission period and a 3 day want period. More details to come.
- Submissions close: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 11:00 PM PST
- Wants due: Sunday, May 1, 2016 11:00:00 AM PDT
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
Discussion thread: Why not? A US only Shipping Math Trade (DISCUSSION)
Requests Geeklist: Why not? A US only Shipping Math Trade (REQUESTS)
PLEASE READ RULES CAREFULLY. IGNORANCE OF THE RULES IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR NOT FOLLOWING THEM. RULES VARY BY MODERATOR AND CHANGE FROM TRADE TO TRADE TO PLEASE ALWAYS READ THE RULES. THANKS.
1. All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. You must have a U.S. address to receive games. There will be no international shipping of items. You may, at your discretion, impose some restriction or cost limitation on items with regards to Alaska and Hawaii, per the terms and conditions of the OLWLG. IE, you may exclude AK/HI, or offer to cover the first $X to ship there. You may not make any other exclusions or restrictions with regards to shipping for this trade. Also bear in mind that it is still encouraged to ship everywhere for free.
2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ is required for this event.
3. Board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items, video games, DVDs/BluRays, books, gift certificates, and Geek Gold are allowed in this math trade. However,
each user is limited to FOUR (4) TOTAL LISTINGS of just Gift Certificates. I will be checking this daily. If more than 4 entries exist after the deadline, I will submit blank want lists for all of your Gift Certificate listings. This limit is placed upon item listings, not total number of Gift Certificates -- in other words, you may use the %Copies% option to offer multiple gift certificates of the same value in excess of this limit. If there are any questions about this, please
feel free to inquire in the Discussion Thread or Geekmail me. This limitation does not apply to Geek Gold in any way.
If you intend to "want" a gift card, paypal, or any form of currency in exchange for your item, please be aware that per the terms of BGG that is considered a sale and must be operated through the Marketplace such that BGG gets its 3%. If you are concerned about how to do so, please refer to Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them) for further details. Note: This only impacts you if YOU are the recipient of the cash equivalent.
4. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of both the components and box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and in English. You are also responsible for packaging and sending your game correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender. In other words, if you do not adequately package your game, and it arrives damaged, the onus is upon YOU to correct the matter to the satisfaction of the recipient, which may include up to replacing the damaged item with a new one that is not damaged. Please see the link below for some helpful tips about shipping.
5. Do NOT list any item, using a Geek Link if that item is itself not included in the offering. The OLWLG will pick this up as an item that is being included. Similarly, if you are listing something which is a component, promo, or accessory of a game, list it either with its own BGG entry or using “Outside the Scope of
BGG”. DO NOT LIST IT AS THE ITEM, IF YOU DO SO THE WANTLIST FOR THAT ITEM WILL BE BLANKED TO AVOID CONFUSION.
6. It is strongly recommended that you periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments. If you need to add a comment which can in any way be construed as "lessening" the value or desirability of the game, you should
instead edit the entry to blank it out and re-enter it. This also goes for edits of the main item. Any downgrades of an item after it has been posted will not be
tolerated and may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.
7. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, the trade will be re-run with the
8. If you have demonstrated the propensity to be a bad trader in another math trade, I reserve the right to ask you to not participate, and if you do participate, I reserve the right to blank out your want lists. I highly doubt this will impact anyone, but as there have been a few "bad traders", they will
not be permitted to be involved with this one.
9. No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want
list for your gift certificate entry. There are no exceptions. Any occurrences of arbitrage of either GG or GCs in the end results may result in that user's entire
wantlist for all entries to be removed.
10. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.
JeffyJeffs new TradeMaximizer with threading option will be used (unsure what version number this one is using)
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Packaging Suggestions and Guidelines https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/196679/guide-packaging
Math Trade FAQS for Newbies https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/181401/math-trade-faq-new...
Make sure to drop by the discussion thread if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy and fun once you get the hang of them.
Good luck and happy trading!
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 11:00 PM PDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, May 1, 2016 11:00 AM PDT
- [+] Dice rolls