Third Annual Gaelcon Math Trade.
- Seamus O'Toole(tuathail)Ireland
For those who are unfamiliar with Math trades, the basic concept is that each participant lists games that he has for trade, and after everyone has added their games for trade each participant goes back over the list to see what they'll be willing to take for their trade items. Then we let a computer programme figure out what set of trades makes most of us happy.
Don't let the word Math scare you, all the actual maths element of the trade is done behind the scenes by a computer.
An important thing to note is that just because you list an item, it doesn't mean you have to trade it. If after the first deadline there isn't anything you want to trade it for on the list, simply don't send a want list for that item and you are guaranteed to keep it.
Threads you can read if you want more details are the Math Trade Guide and Math Trades For Dummies threads.
If you have any questions, please ask on the associated discussion thread.
As most (or possibly all) of the trading happened at Gaelcon the last two years, I'm introducing a slight change this year.
If you are not willing to post a particular item, please indicate that in the items description by means of the phrase 'Gaelcon Pickup only'.
When it comes time to submit want lists, please do not request any items marked 'Gaelcon Pickup only' unless you are going to be at Gaelcon yourself or otherwise able to arrange for the item to be picked up.
I hope that no-one actually uses this option, because I want the trade to be as inclusive as possible, but I include it in case postage costs would put anyone off participating.
Rules of the trade.
1) This trade is open to anyone with a postal address in Ireland including Northern Ireland. (ie An Post Zone 1)
1a) With the minor adjustment that some items may not be available for trade to postal participants.
2) Each item for trade is to have it's own entry in this list. If you are trading a game and it's expansion as a bundle they should be a single item on the list, if they are trading separately they should be listed separately.
3) This trade is for games, expansions and gaming accessories. Accessories includes promo's, figures, cards, and anything else gaming related. No cash, vouchers, or similar.
4) Please give accurate descriptions of the state of any items you're trading. Including (i) any missing or damaged components, (ii) any damage to packaging, (iii) the edition of the game if relevant, particularly for non-English language editions.
5) Do Not remove any items after listing them. If you change your mind about trading something either change it's game id to 23953 (outside the scope of BGG) and in the text state what it was and that it's been withdrawn (stating why is optional). Or simply don't submit a want list for that item.
When it comes to sending in your want list, please send it in the form
(MyUserName) MyIDName : IDName1 IDName2 IDName3 IDName4
Where 'MyUserName' is your username (in brackets), 'MyIDName' is the list id of the item you are trading and everything after the colon is the list of entries you would take for that item in order of preference. Please remember not to use commas.
I will post up a list of the IDNames to use shortly after the first submission deadline closes.
If this scares and confuses you, I will accept short want lists in clear plain English and parse them myself, but I'd prefer not to.
Submissions are open now, and will close at 6pm on Wednesday 19th October at 6pm (or as shortly thereafter as I get online to close them).
After the submission deadline you will have until 6pm Tuesday 25th October to send me your want lists. I'll then get the results posted up some time Tuesday or Wednesday (probably Tuesday if I get everyone's want list on time).
Deadlines for this trade are
Submissions: Wednesday 19th October at 6pmSubmissions are now closed
Want list: Tuesday 25th October at 6pm
For anyone who's interested in the technical stuff, the trade will be done using TradeMaximizer 1.3a, with the options set to
#! ALLOW-DUMMIES REQUIRE-COLONS REQUIRE-USERNAMES ITERATIONS=1000 SEED=42 SHOW-MISSING SCALED-PRIORITIES
If that makes no sense to you, don't worry about it.
If you have any questions regarding any of this please ask here or on the discussion thread.
- [+] Dice rolls