Subscription list for Arizona group buys of Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdfunding projects
- Marco CastellanosUnited States
The idea and most of the rules for this geeklist have been shamelessly stolen from the Canadian version.Recommend
Lots of Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects are cheaper when purchased in bulk quantities. The purpose of this list is to bring together Arizona purchasers who wish to save money by funding projects together. The hope is that by subscribing to this list, you will be able to follow along with whatever projects are currently being supported by groups of geographically close gamers.
All use of this list is at your own risk. People participating in a group buy are responsible for that group and that group alone.
1) If you are interested in funding a game and are looking for other gamers to go together on a group purchase, please create a new item within the GeekList, using the same geeklist item format below.
2) If a game has been listed here but you are in a different geographical area, please create a NEW ITEM so that you can find other users within your area.
3) If a game that you'd like to get in on is already listed here and the item listed is within your general geographical area, please leave a COMMENT under that particular item to express your interest. Hopefully whoever posted that item will keep the item updated as more people express interest in that game.
4) Please leave items in the list until everyone within your group has the game in hand. At that point, the item can be deleted in order to avoid cluttering up the list with inactive items.
The same people will not be in every group, as such since money is changing hands use these rules to make sure things go smoothly:
1) Approximately 1 week prior to the project funding date, verify if there are enough group members to reach the desired project pledge level.
2) If necessary, the group will be split into multiple groups for the sake of pledging, with priority of the most beneficial pledge levels being given to those who committed first. Decide who will be the "lead pledge submitter" for each of the groups.
3) The lead pledge submitter(s) are responsible for contacting everyone in their group and obtain money via PayPal (or whatever method of payment is convenient) from each person.
4) The lead pledge submitter(s) will then make sure to submit an official pledge of the appropriate size for the project being funded at least a couple of days in advance of the project funding date.
5) The games will (eventually) be shipped to the lead pledge submitter(s), who will be responsible for arranging to meet with each of the members in their group(s) to hand off the games.
6) Each group member shall bust off the shrink-wrap, open the box, take a big whiff of the components, punch out the tokens, and start playing!
Do your research on group members by looking at their BGG trade rating or marketplace rating or any other rating they may have on sites like eBay.
GEEKLIST ITEM FORMAT
To keep information clear and consistent include this information in each item, feel free to add more if you find it helpful.
Board Game - Link to project page
Project Funding Ends - Date, time and timezone
Current Expected Ship Date
Amount needed for group price - If there is more than one group pledge also list that amount
Price per person for one copy - If there is more version available also list that price
Participants/Payment status - List of people who have joined the group and if they have paid
Happy funding everyone!
- [+] Dice rolls