Australian Ultimate Trade Geeklist
NSW"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
This has failed miserably in the past with very little interest, but I thought I'd give it another go.
In short, Ultimate Trades operate like a mini-maths trade, but with only one item at the start. If you're interested in the item, or an item in the comment chain, offer something up for trade, and add it as a comment on the item [note, that you don't necessarily secure the trade, you're just proposing a link in the chain]. Someone else may then be interested in your item, and they'll offer something up, so the list becomes a mini-chain of items looking like this:
Food Chain Magnate - Terra Mystica + Expansion - The Colonists - etc...
You can either comment on the original item, or any item in the chain [comments section]. In the above example, you may be interested in Food Chain Magnate, Terra Mystica, or The Colonists.
Once the original item holder [myself] finds something of interest in a chain, they can 'close' the chain at that point, and everyone sends their game on to someone else. Thus, a mini-maths trade is completed with everyone knowing clearly every link in the chain. Please note that forks are allowed, so if you'd prefer something listed earlier, or the original item, consider forking. For example, it may end up looking like this:
1. Food Chain Magnate [Amnese]- Terra Mystica + Expansion [JoBlow]- The Colonists [SandySmith]
2. Food Chain Magnate [Amnese]- Terra Mystica + Expansion [JoBlow]- Mage Knight [Erin]
3. Food Chain Magnate [Amnese]- Inis [[SandySmith] - Nations [Andy]
When you see an item you'd like, either as a geeklist item or in a chain comment, and would like to trade for it, offer up a game to add to the chain, and make the entire chain clear. In the example above, you might like Nations, and want to offer Shogun, so you'd comment:
3. Food Chain Magnate [Amnese]- Inis [[SandySmith] - Nations [Andy] - Shogun [You].
As an example, as the original item holder, if I want Shogun, I can then close that chain, and everyone trades, know full well what they're getting and what they pay to ship, and what they're posting off to somebody else [with that person to pay shipping costs].
The small print:
1. You pay shipping for the items you RECEIVE.
2. Please list full details of the edition and condition of your game, and location [to assist people in working out possible costs]
3. Feel free to add your own.
4. Note, only the original item holder in a chain [the person who started the Geeklist ITEM] can close that item's chain.
- [+] Dice rolls