CLOSED -- Refugee Aid Charity Auction (#2)
- Mr. BlueUnited States
Charity Auction) We had some generous bids, and it was a great success overall. It's time to dust off some more games and put them to good use in a second charity auction.
As before, the proceeds will be donated to a charity that is on the front lines of providing actual relief (such as food, clothing, and shelter) to refugee families in need. Last time, we donated to the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR).
This time, we will be helping out Lifting Hands International. (http://www.liftinghandsinternational.org/) LHI is a fantastic, politics-free charity that is all about helping real people whose lives have been turned upside-down by war. We have a good family friend who lives in Europe and works closely with this charity. (In fact, she took the photos in the galleries on the LHI website.) We are confident that LHI is a very worthy organization to support.
I hope you will be generous and help me raise money for a great cause.
The rules and guidelines for this auction are as follows:
1. Starting Bids/BINs: All games will have a starting bid of either $10 or $25 with no further reserve.
Because the purpose of this auction is to raise money for charity, any single game can be bought immediately for the "buy it now" (BIN) value of $100. Yes, that number is purposefully high to encourage active bidding on all but the most hard-to-get games here. As a thank you for your generosity with a BIN, I will cover the shipping (US only) on any BIN purchases along with any other games won in bidding. This could be a good deal for a couple of the out-of-print titles, but a generous BIN even on a less-expensive game means more money going to this good cause.
2. Ending: The auction will conclude at 6:00 pm BGG Standard Time (i.e. CDT) on Monday July 17, 2017. That's 4:00 pm for those on the US West Coast and 7:00 pm for those in the Eastern US. EDIT FOR CLARITY:
BIDS WITH A TIME STAMP OF 6:00 PM ARE VALID. BIDS WITH A TIME STAMP OF 6:01 PM OR LATER ARE NOT VALID.
3. Bidding/Sniping: Bids should be made by posting a comment under the desired game with the amount of the bid (e.g., "$10" or "BIN"). Until the final hour of this auction, bidding must be in (at least) $1 increments. Because the purpose of this auction is to raise money for charity, sniping is encouraged, with this special rule: within the last hour of the auction, any new bids must be at least $5 greater than the prior bid to count. Particularly generous sniping is especially encouraged.
4. Shipping: To keep things simple, for buyers in the United States only, I will charge a flat charge of either $10 for one game, or $15 total for two or more games, regardless of actual shipping cost (which will likely be higher in most cases). As noted above, I will pay shipping for any BIN purchases in the US. I am willing to ship internationally, but I am afraid that will need to be at actual cost (whether or not purchase is by successful bid or BIN). Shipping will be from zip code 92688. We will pack up the games very carefully.
5. Payments: All transactions will be done via Paypal and through the BGG marketplace so BGG will get its 3% commission. I am willing do local pickup (in the central/southern Orange County, CA area), in which case I can accept cash. Payments must be received within 72 hours, and we will ship out as promptly as we can.
6. Donation: This is the most important part. After receiving the payments, I will donate the entire bid amount (not including the shipping charges), plus any additional donations from our family, to the Lifting Hands International charity. I will pay both the BGG commission and the Paypal fees out of my own pocket. In lieu of a cash donation, we may decide to purchase goods directly for shipping to and distribution at the refugee camps. See the LHI website for details on this option (http://www.liftinghandsinternational.org/take-action).
7. Reporting Back: I will report back through an update or comment on this Geeklist after making the donation. (Last time I posted a screen shot of the donation confirmation from UNHCR.)
8. Game condition: These games are in gently used, but very good to excellent condition. There also are a couple of new items in here, as noted below. There may be some shelf-wear or very minor cosmetic issues. Our home is smoke-free, but we do have a cat in the house.
Here are the games:
- [+] Dice rolls