SPIEL'17 Ranking Tracker
- Emile de Maat(Purple)Netherlands
I'll include any game that was listed on the SPIEL'17 Preview and that is ranked, unless:
- it was available before SPIEL'17 and had already 150 ratings or more before SPIEL'17. I'm assuming a game was available before SPIEL if the release date listed on BGG is before October 2017, of if no release date is listed. (A list of games that have passed the 150 ratings treshold can be found here: SPIEL'17 Releases That Were Ranked Before SPIEL'17.)
- it is not marked as 'For Sale'.
Public additions to the list are turned off. This allows me to keep track of the ratings inside the game entry itself, rather than in a comment - which in turn allows readers to hide the comments and still get all the tracking information. If you see a game that should be added.
For each game, I'll track its rank, number of votes, its average rating, its rank on this list, and its rank on this list, based on average. I'll try to update this daily, though the table for each game will not have an entry for each day, to prevent the list istems from growing too large. Instead, I'll list the last seven days, and a selection of the period before that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn't Game X listed?
There are five possible reasons for this:
1. It isn't ranked yet. Once it reaches 30 ratings, it'll get ranked, and I'll add it to the list.
2. It isn't on the SPIEL'17 preview, and I do not consider it a SPIEL'17 release.
3. It is on the SPIEL'17 preview, but it is not marked as 'For Sale', and I do not consider it a SPIEL'17 release.
4. It had 150 or more ratings before SPIEL'17, and I do not consider it a SPIEL'17 release.
5. I've overlooked it. Please GeekMail me, and I'll add it to the list.
Why is Game Y listed? It was published months/years/centuries before SPIEL!
W. Eric Martin listed it on this year's SPIEL preview, and it didn't have many ratings yet, so that's good enough for me - I'll list it here as well.
This Geeklist will generate a lot of subscription notices. If they are bothering you, can block this Geeklist from your subscriptions. Go to the buttons on the bottom of the header of this list, and click the little triangle next to 'Subscribe':
I've had some reasons to tinker with my tools for constructing this list, and I would not be surprised if there are some things that go wrong. If you see something strange, please send me a Geekmail.
If the numbers for a single item are incorrect, it is probably caused by a glitch in the BGG XML API, which sometimes returns the numbers from a month back for a game. In that case, I'd appreciate it if you could check the rankings for the correct numbers, and mail me those - that way, if I'm too late to check the rankings myself, I'll still be able to correct things.
- [+] Dice rolls