Boston, MA Virtual Flea Market
- Dan Squires(o0dano0o)United States
OregonUseless, useless, heavy rain, driving into the sea
Rules lifted from the Portland, OR Virtual Flea Market.Quote:
This list is an effort to create a more efficient market for no-ship trades and sales in the Boston area. Of course, folks from other reaches should feel free to make offers. You might even convince folks here in town to bundle stuff with other sellers to save on shipping.
If you don't see what you are looking for on this list, try the Boston Want to Buy List.
So here is the deal for sellers:
1) Anyone in the Boston, MA region should feel free to list. I'm willing to keep a pretty broad definition of the region, but if I sense abuse, I might start deleting items.
2) I suggest listing one game per GL item. That way folks pick up wants if they've subscribed to them.
3) Please include all pertinent info including price, condition, edition, location if it isn't on your flag (city and state), and (if available) a link to the BGG Marketplace listing. Feel free to add any other notes, trade desires, photos.
4) Please delete the item in this list when the item is sold.
5) If you strike a deal, please use the marketplace so BGG gets their rightful share! There is a feature on BGG, the Marketplace Quick Link. It is available on any sale/trade list item. It makes it much easier to do the right thing by BGG. Please use it.
6) Please list board and card games only. No video games or 'outside the scope' items.
7) Please feel free to add an item that is a link to a geeklist auction if it allows local pickup in the Boston area.
8) I will occasionally post a comment to folks that have items that seem to be pending for a while or where the continued availability is ambiguous. If you don't update the listing by posting a comment to the item after mine shortly after my comment - either to delete it or to say it is still pending or still available - I will delete it for you.
9) If buyers try to contact sellers and don't get a response, let me know and I will delete the item. Same goes for sellers that disappear. Or any other bad behavior that jeopardizes the reputation of this list as a good place to do business.
10) Please try and limit your updates to items to price changes or condition updates. Try to respect the fact that every update pings subscriptions, so if you aren't giving a lot of meaningful new info, don't do it.
11. This list should not be used to support a business. A user just expressed concern about this. I looked into his allegations and found no evidence of this kind of activity. But, I figured it wouldn't hurt to add this rule to the list.
12. Sellers that repeatedly back out of deals for reasons other than buyer problems (i.e. unresponsive, not available for meets, etc.) will be banned from the list. This should not be taken to mean that responding to an item with a post or GM constitutes a 'deal'. A deal is when the seller responses affirmatively. While no deal is binding until money and/or games change hands, backing out of deals that you have struck is bad form and reduces the integrity and usefulness of the list as a whole. I understand it happens occasionally, but come on folks... Keep it clean. This is supposed to be a friendly local marketplace.
That is all the rules for now. I might have to update depending on how things go. I'm also very open to suggestions, so please GM me if you have any ideas.
- [+] Dice rolls