Virtual Flea Market - 2018 Geekway to the West
- Tim Collett(tcollett)United States
KansasYou sooo stupid!
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE HEADER!
4/4/2018 - CONGRATS! We are over 1000 items on the list already and we are still over a month and a half away!
Here is the concept - While the Geekway to the West Flea Market is great, for some of us who are travelling to the convention, carrying games to the convention that you may or may not be able to sell is a hassle at the very least. So, use the "Virtual Flea Market" instead. if you have items that you'd like to sell at Geekway to the West, list them here with the condition of your items, and the price or terms you'd like to sell for. With any luck, the deals will be done ahead of the convention and you can just do the physical swap in St. Charles, MO.
How you sell your items is up to you! Fixed Price, Auction, Dutch Auction, it doesn't matter. Everyone is on their own - no one will be monitoring your items but you.
You are always welcome to schedule your own time with others to meetup.
Saturday, May 19
12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
Windsor Ballroom in the Embassy Suites
This is a formal meetup for your virtual flea market purchases. This is designed for the people that want to come to just one location to get rid of their items versus chasing people down.
PLEASE SHOW UP IF PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING TO MEET YOU THERE!
I will be there a little early to try to set up some places for people to go just to keep this a little more orderly (basically we will go by BGG usernames and have a location for A - C, D - F, etc. or something along those lines).
When you come, please bring the following:
- All your games that you sold.
- Money for any games you bought. Bring cash if you have not pre-paid. The best thing to do is bring sealed envelopes with the exact amount in each envelope for each person you purchased from (just write their name and amount on the front of the envelope).
- A sign of some sort with your username on it so you can hold it up for people to find you. I have a sign with my username and my profile picture on it.
- Bring a friend as a runner. If you bought and sold, chances are good you won't be able to just leave your table with your games on it. Bring a friend who can go out and gather your games that you bought for you.
- If you have made other arrangements for your games or took care of all of them before the meetup, you do not need to attend (unless you want to see the chaos).
PLEASE DO NOT:
- DO NOT ask or expect people to bring change because you brought big bills. If you are the buyer, you are responsible for EXACT CHANGE.
- DO NOT haggle on price. You agreed to a price on here and that is the price you pay unless other conditions were agreed upon by you and the buyer.
- DO NOT start a 3 hour game at noon and forget to show up or choose not to if you people are expecting you there.
Summary of Unsold Games
In order to keep this list working right, please update your items as follows:
1. When your item sells, please edit your items entry to include the word "Sold" someplace.
2. If your item is an auction, please include the word "Auction" someplace.
3. If you change your price, please keep the new price on the same line of the geeklist (Do something like
4. Please don't delete any items from the list!! Just leave them there and mark the item as either sold or unavailable or whatever works. Thank you!
If there is something you are looking for, think about adding it to Virtual Flea Market - 2018 Geekway to the West - Request List
Per BGG Guidelines, it is the seller's responsibility to process final sales through the BGG Marketplace.
Last yearLance FridayUnited States
ran the list. He is unable to attend this year so that is why I am running it this year. A big thank you to him for getting this started in the previous year!
Ripped off from Waylander1's geeklist for the VFM for BGG.con.
- [+] Dice rolls