Help me Prune (or Expand) my wishlist!
- Lucas Gentry
I'm a budget-minded boardgamer, who only gets maybe one game every couple months, so I'm trying to prune my wishlist to a manageable size. That being said, after you read what kind of gamers my wife and I are, if you want to suggest something to add, that'd be nice too.Recommend
My Game Taste:
- Light to Heavy
- Solo or multi-player
- 10 minutes - 2 hours game length, as long as other people are having fun, I am too.
- I love good game mechanics, but I also enjoy a fun theme.
My Wife's Game Taste:
- Learn within 5 minutes
- Light to Medium
- No more than 90 minutes including setup and tear down
- Enjoys co-operative games, but competitive games that aren't too mean are fine too.
Some Games my wife likes:
- Water works (old game from the 70's)
- Mr Jack Pocket
- Orleans Invasion (Coop scenario) -- This is the longest game she enjoys
- Forbidden Island
- Flash Point Fire Rescue
- Mint Works
We work in a center that teaches ESL to refugees and immigrants in an area where there aren't a lot of other gamers. We do, however, have random work groups that will come in for a week at a time to help us with building projects or helping in our classrooms. Sometimes, for a break night, they will ask me to bring over games for us all to play together.
So, what I'm looking for:
- Two player games to play with my wife
- Alternatively, large group games with people who will not be part of a regular game group, who I will probably either want to teach easily, or be easy enough that they can teach themselves with just the rulebook pretty easily.
I'll start by including my current wishlist. Please let me know if some of the games would likely not fit our taste. Alternatively, if you have a good suggestion, let me know! Thanks a bunch!
- [+] Dice rolls