[OFFICIAL] Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade)
- Kevin L. KitchensUnited States
I'll stand by you in this trade if you follow these clear and simple rules and get back on the (trade) chain gang:Last of the Independence
OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade
- Submissions close: Thursday July 5, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 07:00 AM EDT
- Results posted: Shortly Thereafter
Discussion thread: Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade) [DISCUSSION]
Request Geeklist: Last of the Independence - (OLWLG US Shipping Wargames Focused Math Trade) [REQUESTS]
This is primarily a wargames for wargames math trade. However, gift cards are allowed (per BGG rules and conditions below).
SPECIAL DISTINCTIVES (full rules below)
This is a wargames for wargames math trade.
The target audience is going to be wargamers, but I won't police entries to make sure they are in the BGG wargame genre. However, all items must be board games or board game accessories.
NO DVDs or BluRays.
NO Video Games, Video Game Systems, or Controllers.
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE ALLOWED PER THESE TERMS:
Trades involving a GC are subject to the new BGG policy: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)
Gift certificates as MAIN ITEMS must be $10 or greater in value.
You may add ONE Gift Certificate of up to $10 in value as a sweetener to any game listing. Other game related sweeteners are allowed per normal rules.
Geek Gold IS ALLOWED. Per JeffyJeff's request as designer of the OLWLG, Entries of GG only are allowed.
The entire USA SHOULD BE TREATED the same for shipping. This is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED but not enforced per JeffyJeff decree. In most cases, shipping to CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories and APO/FPO addresses is nearly always the same price, especially with USPS flat rate shipping. Many have copy/paste descriptions of "CONUS only" so be sure to update your listings accordingly so they are open to more people.
A GeekGold Prize will be awarded to one participant who lists ALL their items as unrestricted US Shipping (details below).
Traders are expected to subscribe to their own GeekList items as they list them and respond promptly and publicly to any questions asked. Any confusion over the item being traded MAY result in it being invalidated in the trade.
MATH TRADE RULES
1. All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. You must have a U.S. address to receive games. There will be no international shipping of items. The STRONG RECOMMENDATION is that you will ship for free to all US (including territories) and APO/FPO addresses.
1a. The entire USA SHOULD BE TREATED the same for shipping. Unless expressly stated otherwise in your listing, the default assumption is that you're shipping to the full USA. In most cases, shipping to CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories, and APO/FPO addresses is nearly always the same, especially with USPS flat rate shipping. Unfortunately, due to JeffyJeff requirement, this is a STRONG RECOMMEDATION only and not required. There will however be a GeekGold prize drawing for participants who do not exclude any area for shipping (ALL US + Territories + APO/FPO)
2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ is required for this event.
DELETION OF ENTRIES
3. IMPORTANT: You may now (and should) delete your items from the GeekList for any reason up until the list is locked down.
4. This is a Wargames For Wargames Trade. Therefore board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items are allowed. Other items such as DVDs/BluRays, video games, video game systems, and books are NOT allowed in this math trade.
Gift Certificates added AS A MAIN ITEM must be $10 or greater in value.
You may include ONE Gift Certificate AS A SWEETENER to a game item to bring up its perceived value. GCs added in this manner may not exceed $10 in value.
Any fees due BGG for GCs are the responsibility of the person RECEIVING the GC. DETAILS: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)
Other game related sweeteners are still allowed.
5. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of both the components and box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition. You are also responsible for packaging and sending your game correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender. In other words, if you do not adequately package your game, and it arrives damaged, the onus is upon YOU to correct the matter to the satisfaction of the recipient, which may include up to replacing the damaged item with a new one that is not damaged. Please see the link below for some helpful tips about shipping.
5a. an item's condition can be changed for the better or worse until the list is locked down. No more required deleting the old entry and relisting (unless you just want to). The item is not final until the list is locked down. So early want list makers will need to make sure no items they want have been modified such that they no longer want them. So again, stressing SUBSCRIBE TO ITEMS OF INTEREST when you see them on the GeekList to get notified of changes.
5b. As wargamers, it is VERY IMPORTANT to be clear on the condition of the game in terms of punched, clipped/rounded (and how it was done). Condition matters to many.
6. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly. Do NOT list any item, using a Geek Link if that item is itself not included in the offering. The OLWLG will pick this up as an item that is being included. Similarly, if you are listing something which is a component, promo, or accessory of a game, list it either with its own BGG entry or using “Outside the Scope of BGG”. DO NOT LIST IT AS THE ITEM, IF YOU DO SO THE WANTLIST FOR THAT ITEM WILL BE BLANKED TO AVOID CONFUSION.
LISTER OBLIGATION TO RESPOND
7. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments. Any unclear descriptions may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.
8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, the trade will be re-run with the issue addressed.
9. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.
10. If you have demonstrated the propensity to be a bad trader in another math trade previously run by me, I reserve the right to ask you to not participate, and if you do participate, I reserve the right to blank out your want lists. I highly doubt this will impact anyone, but as there have been a few "bad traders", they will not be permitted to be involved with this one.
11. No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want list for your gift certificate entry. There are no exceptions. Any occurrences of arbitrage of either GG or GCs in the end results will result in that user's entire wantlist for all entries to be removed.
12. Timeframe. By entering into this Math Trade, you are committing to being available to ship your items out in a timely fashion. It is expected that within one (1) week of the results being finalized, you will submit all of your trade requests to the individuals receiving your games. Do NOT submit any trade requests until the results have been announced as permanent or official by the Trade Moderator, to allow for time for potential issues to be resolved. It is also expected that within (2) weeks of the trade results being posted or within (1) week of receiving a trade confirmation for your outgoing game you will ship the game to your recipient. Similarly, if you are due to receive a game, you are required to respond to the trade request within two (2) weeks time. If after this time you have not acknowledged the trade request and provided your trade partner with your address, you shall forfeit the item. Obviously, emergencies come up, but if something happens that deviates from this time frame, please communicate that. This is a guideline; if your trade partner is willing to hold your game for an additional period of time, that is up to them, but must be agreed upon.
13. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.
TradeMaximizer with duplicate protection will be used
Seed = 20180704, Iterations = 76
USEFUL LINKS AND TUTORIALS
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Packaging Suggestions and Guidelines https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/196679/guide-packaging
Make sure to drop by the discussion thread (see top of this header) if you have any questions. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy and fun once you get the hang of them.
GEEK GOLD PRIZE FOR UNRESTRICTED SHIPPING
To encourage fair shipping practices (all US the same including APO/FPO), a geek gold prize will be offered to one participant in this Math Trade.
PRIZE: 200 GG from me PLUS ALL TIPS TO THIS GEEKLIST (not replies, items, discussions or requests). Tips can be added up to the posting of the official results.
ELIGIBILITY: You do not need to actually make a trade to be eligible, but you must have submitted a want list of at least one item. Likewise ALL your items for trade MUST have been listed with unrestricted shipping to the entire US including all territories and APO/FPO (which is the default if no shipping information is added).
PROCESS: After the trade is finished, I will take a list of all the participants who submitted a valid want list, assign a number, and do a public die roll to select a potential winner. If that winner's items (ALL OF THEM) are properly unrestricted for shipping purposes, they will win the prize. If not, then I will repeat until a winner is selected.
53.25 was tipped to this list, so added to the 200 provided by me for fair shipping results in a prize of 253.25 to the winner.
There are 69 participants (submitted a list) in this trade, so excluding myself, that makes 68 possible winners.
1 = airydisk
2 = ajnin007
3 = aksosa
4 = andreww
5 = art1066
6 = ashgrove
7 = baldwin
8 = camustafa
9 = chamoxil
10 = cheesinglee
11 = cherp
12 = diamondsylph
13 = dmb229
14 = doughboyca
15 = earlofbronze
16 = emeraldhunter
17 = fezaz
18 = fuzynblue
19 = gohrns
20 = grafpoo
21 = greatredwarrior
22 = gregz
23 = greif8
24 = hamigua2000
25 = harkonnen13
26 = herebebooks
27 = humanbeem
28 = jamesldt
29 = jbmoby
30 = jsharp
31 = kaiax33
32 = kyk10pes
33 = leafman3
34 = leppy
35 = lgoldberg
36 = markp1981
37 = mavhunter
38 = md1616
39 = mellery
40 = micks
41 = mirsik
42 = moly19
43 = mrbeankc
44 = nadurgin
45 = nmvol
46 = paladin82y
47 = prop joe
48 = ragrad
49 = rdmorss
50 = rlfix
51 = rrodrick
52 = ryhesling
53 = sbgrad
54 = settlerdave
55 = siddgames
56 = sirgalin
57 = sjairshark
58 = sos1
59 = ssheasby
60 = stinkfoot71
61 = streamliner
62 = tineyeit
63 = toki05
64 = turks1966
65 = ucldave
66 = witchoftheeast
67 = wtjbatman
68 = yelltom
Congratulations toLewis GoldbergUnited States
MissouriBoy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
Thanks everyone who did their part to provide fair shipping throughout the USA!
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 07:00 AM EDT
- [+] Dice rolls
- 1318961. klkitchens
- 1d68 =
- (35) =
- First Drawing Attempt
- Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:18 pm