KingCon 2019 - Game Scheduler - July 12-14, 2019
Welcome to our first attempt at a public/community list for game play organizing and coordination. The purpose of this list is to help people coordinate with others about what games they would like to play and when.Recommend
There is tons of open gaming with a game lending library including additional Play to Win games, boardgame, RPG events, and miniatures, but we hope this geeklist is useful as a place where people can connect to set up games in advance.These games are not official KingCon events. For official events please check the website www.kingcon.ktabs.ca.
Maybe you're looking for:
- A high player count?
- An epic long game?
- Something heavy?
- A specific game you've been wanting to play, or players to fill a game you're bringing?
- Maybe you just like to be organized,
- Or like many in our hobby, you tend toward the introverted or shy side and feel much more comfortable connecting online first, rather than approaching new people at the table.
Any of those is a great reason to use this list!
How do you do it?
1. Scan through the list for games you might like.
2. Comment on the game listing (not the comments for this list itself - that's the comments at the very bottom, if you have any questions about how this works) if you're interested, or interested in another session of the same game.
3. Add an item for a game you want to play that's not listed, or full.
- copy the info below
- click Add Item near the top of this header post
- choose the boardgame you want to play
- paste the info, and fill it out
- submit the entry, and it's there for others to join!
To keep things organized, if you're adding a game item please also copy in and fill out the following information:
Player slots available: Minimum/Maximum/Preferred - don't forget to include yourself in the player count!
Players: yourself and fill them in as people join so it's obvious how many are left
Length: how long will it take to play, and include the rules teach if you're taking new players or need to set it up. Overestimate - games play much slower with new players at Cons.
Preferred time/day: be as specific/vague as you want; as people reply, you can work out a definitive timeslot
I'm bringing the game: yes (you're bringing it) or no (you're looking to play someone else's copy)
Expansions/variants: if any
Experience level: are newbies welcome? Only experienced players?
General notes: if there are any other things you want to mention, like where you're planning to meet up at the set time?
If you click on Subscribe to this geeklist, you'll get a BGG notification every time someone adds/updates/comments on an item. Or you can subscribe to just the item for games you're involved with.
And as a courtesy, make sure you let the game runner know if your plans change, so you don't keep the other gamers waiting.
And don't overschedule yourself - you don't want to keep people waiting on your next game too often. And don't forget to factor in time for eating!
Have fun, and see you at KingCon in July!
Thanks to MaltmanJ for the support and guidance on setting up this list. This list comes out of experiences with a similar list that helps people schedule games at www.breakoutcon.com in Toronto in March.
- [+] Dice rolls