BreakoutCon 2020 Game Scheduler! Oct 30-Nov 1, 2020 Toronto
Breakout Con 2020 is just around the corner (October 30-November 1, 2020 with gaming around the clock from Friday 10am - Sunday 6pm)!
There's tons of open gaming with an extensive (and now searchable) game library including additional Play to Win games, boardgame and RPG events, but we've found it useful to also have a place where people can connect to set up games in advance.
There are lots of events already in the schedule, many of them run by Breakout special guests - register for those using the official event schedule, not here.
Maybe you're looking for
- A high player count?
- An epic long game?
- Something heavy?
- A specific game you've been wanting to play, or players to fill a game you're bringing?
- Maybe you just like to be organized,
- Or like many in our hobby, you tend toward the introverted or shy side and feel much more comfortable connecting online first, rather than approaching new people at the table.
Any of those is a great reason to use this list!
For me, this was how I met a number of gaming friends who I now regularly game with outside of BreakoutCon.
How do you do it?
1. Scan through the list for games you might like.
2. Comment on the game listing (not the comments for this list itself - that's the comments at the very bottom, if you have any questions about how this works) if you're interested, or interested in another session of the same game.
3. Add an item for a game you want to play that's not listed, or full.
- copy the info below
- click Add Item near the top of this header post
- choose the boardgame you want to play
- paste the info, and fill it out
- submit the entry, and it's there for others to join!
To keep things organized, if you're adding a game item please also copy in and fill out the following information:
Player slots available: Minimum/Maximum/Preferred - don't forget to include yourself in the player count!
Players: yourself and fill them in as people join so it's obvious how many are left
Length: how long will it take to play, and include the rules teach if you're taking new players or need to set it up. Overestimate - games play much slower with new players at Cons.
Preferred time/day: be as specific/vague as you want; as people reply, you can work out a definitive timeslot
I'm bringing the game: yes (you're bringing it) or no (you're looking to play someone else's copy)
Expansions/variants: if any
Experience level: are newbies welcome? Only experienced players?
General notes: if there are any other things you want to mention, like where you're planning to meet up at the set time?
If you click on Subscribe to this geeklist, you'll get a BGG notification every time someone adds/updates/comments on an item. Or you can subscribe to just the item for games you're involved with.
And as a courtesy, make sure you let the game runner know if your plans change, so you don't keep the other gamers waiting.
And don't overschedule yourself - you don't want to keep people waiting on your next game too often. And don't forget to factor in time for eating, especially with BreakoutCon downtown in Toronto with lots of options!
For Play to Win and library games you can't reserve a specific title, they're all first come, first served. But you could coordinate to find players here and then find time to play sometime during the weekend - why not aim for first thing on one of the days?
If you'd like to run one of these games as an official boardgame event in the schedule, or help with registration or staffing the game library contact the organizers about volunteering.
Again in 2020 Breakout is offering the Family Gaming Hall, see here for details.
And don't forget to leave some time to check out the Bring and Buy Auction - a chance to sell some of your old games and pick up one you've been looking for!
Working on a game or like to playtests for up and coming designers? ProtoTO is teaming up with Breakout again!
Have fun, and see you at BreakoutCon!
- [+] Dice rolls