GenghisCon 2008 No Shipping Math Trade, Feb 16, Denver, CO - RESULTS Posted
- Sterling Babcock(Solamar)United States
ColoradoPlease let me know how I can help you.
DO NOT DELETE ITEMS ONCE YOU HAVE POSTED THEM
This is a NO SHIPPING math trade for GenghisCon 2008 in Denver, CO. Genghiscon XXIX happens on February 14-17, 2008 at The Four Points Sheraton in Denver.
NOTICE: You will be REQUIRED to use JeffyJeff's automated want list generator! I will NOT accept submissions by geekmail. ONLY by JeffyJeffs online tool!
Submissions Deadline (including sweeteners): Wednesday, February 6, 12:00pm MST
Summary of submissions posted (by me): Wednesday, February 6, 5:00pm MST (or earlier)
Want lists due: Friday, February 8, 5:00pm MST
Results posted: Friday, February 8, 8:00pm MST (or earlier)
Results FINAL: Saturday, February 8, 8:00 am MST
It was requested that we be done by Friday so that people to pass along games the weekend prior to the convention to other gamers to bring.
Method of finding trades
We will be using TradeMaximizer with the following options:
* Linear Priorities
* Duplicate Protection
For details on TradeMaximizer, including how to use linear priorities and duplicate protection, consult its Wiki page:
I will be the sole person running TradeMaximizer, and my results (open to public scrutiny, of course) will be the official ones.
* You will be REQUIRED to use JeffyJeff's automated want list generator! I will NOT accept submissions by geekmail. ONLY by JeffyJeffs online tool! See http://activityclub.org/bgg/mathtrade.cgi
Note that you CAN start selecting items and preparing your lists BEFORE the official list is available with this tool, and I encourage you to do so!!
(If one or two beg, I MIGHT accept it by geekmail. But really, I do not want to accumulate lists.)
More Information: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1425713
* You MUST be present (or hand off your games to a representative) at GenghisCon 2008 to deliver the game. If you are not, then you are responsible for shipping both TO you and FROM you!
* You may arrange any time you like with the other party. However, Official trading will be Saturday, February 16, at noon, where the Days of Wonder games are being demonstrated by me, your lively moderator!
* You must trade geek items only. That is, games are obviously preferred, but DVDs, video games, computer hardware and software, and so on are fine. Check with me if you're uncertain. However, I ask that you be sensible; don't list fifteen VGA cables and expect me to be pleased.
* GeekGold? Gift Certificates? Cash? I don't really have an objection. However there are a few rules:
- You MUST use the game Outside the Scope of BGG (gameid 23953) AND put a
+altname+ 123 geek gold -altname-
at the end of your description (this alternative name will be used in the tool and summary).
- Cash or Gift Certificate: You are responsible to list it in the boardgamegeek marketplace and arrange to pay the BGG 3% commission in addition to your cash or gift certificate.
- I am going to ask for no GeekGold, Cash or Gift Certificate arbitrage. It annoys me. If I see it, I will hack up your submission list before I run the tool. (If you do not know, arbitrage is saying you will offer $25 for someone offering $50, so as to insert yourself into a trade when someone will accept either $50 or $25.)
How to List
* Please list sweeteners using the GAMEID formatting (for example: Puerto Rico) so it shows up in JeffyJeff's tool.
* You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc.
* You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that's closest and make a note in your item listing.
* You must submit a want list for each game you are offering. If you don't want to trade, submit a blank list.
* There is no shipping information on this trade.
* I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason, especially those which I feel violate the premise of this math trade. If you are on the bad traders list, your games will be removed.
* Use the related forum thread for questions and discussions of this math trade (however, for questions on individual items, please leave comments on the item itself, here on the list).
* Do not submit want lists until the summary has been posted.
If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please read Math Trade Wiki page at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math+Trades
By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.
Note: only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. You are also responsible for checking the full set of want lists when they are posted as soon as possible (and definitely before the results are posted) for any cut/paste errors. This policy will not be modified or relaxed!
Questions or comments
Please direct all questions and comments to the forum thread reserved for this math trade, for the benefit of your fellow traders.
The official forum thread is at:
To request items, use the following GeekList:
This is my first time running a math trade. I hope I got that all right! Don't kill me!
(Header stolen from the Cabin Fever Math Trade. I hope Carl Anderson does not mind!
- [+] Dice rolls