Kansas City Metro No Ship Math Trade (Results: 5 Trades)
- Jeff CorrieUnited States
Results: Please leave comments below!!!RecommendQuote:(PETRU5) 97 receives (MADMUPPET2K) 84 Vanished Planet
(MADMUPPET2K) 84 receives (CORRIEFUNK) 2 California
(CORRIEFUNK) 2 receives (RAMPANTDRAGON) 99 Wallamoppi
(RAMPANTDRAGON) 99 receives (MADMUPPET2K) 83Tongiaki
(MADMUPPET2K) 83 receives (PETRU5) 97 Hidden Conflict & Vampire Hunter
I'll be using this geeklist to run my first math trade.
If you're not familiar with a math trade, it's basically a "circular trade". Everyone posts games that they'd like to trade away. Once the list closes to new items, you post a want list for each game you've offered. A want list tells me which games you'll accept for your offered games, in priority order. I then run a computer program which "does the math" and attempts to find the greatest number of trades. Trades are circular, meaning the computer will figure out trades between multiple groups of users ("user A gives an item to user B, who gives it to user C; user C gives an item to user D who gives an item to user A). There is little risk because each user submits a want list for each item offered, stating what they'll accept for that specific item.
More information on math trades can be found at:
1) I will moderate any disputes, should the need arise. I hope to not have to, but if so, my decisions are final. By entering into this math trade, you agree to the results of my moderation. I'll try to be fair, but it's my judgement.
2) When adding games to this list for trade, you must describe the condition of the game, and note if anything is missing. If not noted, the game will assumed to be complete. Also, if the game is not an English language edition, please note that as well. Please verify that you actually have possession of the game before adding a game to this list for trade.
3) You may add as many items as you wish to the list for trade. Duplicate items and "sweetners" may be added.
4) The list opens for additions immediately.
The list closes to additions on 10/19 at 11:00 PM.
Want lists for each item you've added to the list are due by 10/24 at 11:00 PM.
Results will be posted on or about 10/26.
The trade will occur on 10/29 in Kansas City. I will be contacting local stores to see if there is one willing to host.
6) Send your want lists to me via private message, either via Geekmail here or via email. Please use the following format for your Want Lists:
(BGG username) [YourItem#] : [Priority1WantedItem#] [Priority2WantedItem#] ... [Priority999WantedItem#]
A possible list might look like this:
(corriefunk) 1 : 5 6 7
(corriefunk) 2 : 8 9 10 11 12
(corriefunk) 3 : 13
(corriefunk) 4 :
That means that user corriefunk (me!) offers game #1 and wants games #5, #6, or #7 (in that order) for it. I also offer game #2 and would accept gagmes #8, #9, #10, #11, or #12 for it (again, in that order). For game #3, I'll only accept game #13. I've offered game #4 for trade, but didn't see anything I'd accept for it, so I posted a blank list for that item.
You may send me your want lists via Boardgamegeek Geekmail by clicking the envelope icon above my avatar. Please double-check your want lists for accuracy. Even being off by a single digit may result in you receiving an item you don't want.
I will attempt to allow Want List submissions via JeffyJeff's On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG): http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/159648
Since this tool is new to me, please be patient while I figure it out.
7) If you've read this far, and are feeling a little generous any time during this math trade, a small geekgold tip is appreciated!
I'll be using TradeMaximizer software to calculate the trades. Here are the TradeMaximizer options we'll be using:
LINEAR-PRIORITIES: Use the 1,2,3,4,... priority scheme.
SMALL-STEP=1: Adjust how priorities change between successive entries in a want list. (The default value is 1.)
BIG-STEP=9: Adjust how priorities change for each semicolon in a want list. (The default value is 9.)
REQUIRE-COLONS: Make colons mandatory for every want list.
REQUIRE-USERNAMES: Make usernames mandatory for every want list.
ITERATIONS=100: If set to a number larger than 1, then use randomization to find num different solutions, keeping the solution with the best sum-of-squares metric. Note that all of the solutions will have the same number of trades and the same total cost.
If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll try to answer them quickly.
- [+] Dice rolls