*CLOSED* The Pre-RDG Auction No Ship Math Trade for Portland, OR *CLOSED*
- Sean CarrickUnited States
Coming up on the 22nd of February is the single greatest event of it's type: The Rainy Day Games game auction, where people will put games in and receive credit equal to the selling price. It's an awesome solution for all those games just gathering dust.Recommend
However, it always seems that some games just don't sell for much, or at least as much as some people hope. Thus this math trade. List the games you were going to to put into the auction, plus any you'd be willing to trade for games that may get listed.
Discussion list is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/3062623#3062623
And now, the rules (Plagiarized from any number of previous Math Trades).
Dates: *UPDATED DUE TO THE GREAT BGG CRASH OF 2009
Deadline to add games: This list closes at Noon,
Monday, Feb 2ndWednesday, Feb 4th, 2009.(unless there's a consensus that everything that's going to be listed has been. In that case, I may end it early).
WANT LISTS DUE:
Tuesday, Feb 3rd,Thursday, Feb 5th, 2009 10:00pm PST
Wednesday, Feb. 4thFriday, Feb 6th, 2009.
Thursday, Feb 5thSaturday, Feb 7th, 2009. (This allows for any error on my part)
Trade Happens: Thursday, Feb
5th12th at Lucky Lab, or Sunday, Feb 8th at the Guardian meetup.
1) Do not delete an item if it is no longer available. You may change the description to indicate it is no longer available and/or submit a blank want list for the item, and it will not trade.
2) If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in BGG (for instance expansion cards handed out at Essen) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" to help avoid confusion.
3) You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG). If at all possible, use a photo of the version you are submitting for the trade.
For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.
If the game and/or expansion you are listing is a "Print & Play" make that clear in the description (and I recommend you give specifics what it was printed on, mounted on, etc).
If you are listing an expansion if you reference the base game in the description be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it as this looks, in the OLWLG, as if you are.
4) Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs etc are permitted. Please be sure to list them as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.
5) Sweeteners are to be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (prefered, example Hansa) or a link to the game's page (this will look like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/8989). If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
6) Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.
Please note: There will be another Math Trade when Gamestorm rolls around, which will be bigger, and have more people involved. However, I started this because I want to give people who are considering putting games in the auction the option of trading for what they want first.
If there's anything I missed, please let me know.
- [+] Dice rolls