That BoardGaming Thing (TBGT) Math Trade 2009 -- RESULTS FINAL!
- Snooze FestUnited States
North CarolinaWe love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
DO NOT DELETE ITEMS FOR ANY REASON. IF AN ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE, SUBMIT A BLANK WANTLIST AND IT WON'T TRADE.Recommend
Results Posted: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/editmt.cgi?listid=45495
Discussion Thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3833172
Request List: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/45526
Submissions Due: September 7, Noon Eastern Time
Want Lists Due: September 12, 10pm Eastern Time
Late Sunday, September 13Saturday 1pm
Noon Saturday September 19, 2009. Of course, feel free to make the trades any time before then on your own. However if you are *not* going to be present on Saturday the 19th, please let people know in your posts and make sure to arrange transfers individually.
Note: it is customary (but not required) to submit trades into the BGG trade system.
1. This Math Trade is only open to people attending That Boardgaming Thing in North Carolina, September 2009.
2. Do not delete or remove items from your entries once you have submitted them.
If you trade/sell or for any other reason cannot trade the item as listed before the end of the Math Trade, edit the geeklist item and strike out the text (Example:
EXAMPLE; to do this: [ - ] EXAMPLE [ / - ] minus the spaces.), change the Game ID to 23953 (Outside the Scope of BGG) and add +altname+ Item Withdrawn/Relisted -altname- and submit a blank wantlist for the item.
You can add items to your entries as sweeteners once they have been listed; however, you may NOT then remove such sweeteners (as someone may have added the item to their list because of said sweetener).
3. Use of JeffyJeff's very nice Online Want List Generator tool will be required for this trade (see below for some helpful links).
4. You may submit any games (including electronic) or game-accessories, cash, gift certificates or geekgold. No other limits to submissions, want lists, etc.
Non-game entries (RPGs/GG/Gift Certificates etc) must be listed as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will NOT work for sweeteners. For example:
+altname+ 100 Geek Gold -altname-
+altname+ US$25 to www.BoulderGames.com -altname-
5. Trading cash for an item is essentially a sale: please use the BGG marketplace to conduct the transaction so that BGG gets its commission.
6. Sweeteners are required to be listed using the GAMEID formatting (Example: Coloretto; to do this: [ G A M E I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Game ID simply search the game and at the right hand side of the games page is listed the Game ID. For example, Coloretto's game id is 5782. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
Do NOT include links to other game's BGG page in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener. Again, if you include a link to a game in your description you will be required to trade that game.
If you would like to include a link to a game you are NOT including; use www.tinyurl.com (or a similiar service) to create a link that will redirect to the game's page (Example: http://tinyurl.com/my4h67 instead of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/5782 or Coloretto), or use one of the pictures from the game's listing (Example: See Below, to do this: [ I m a g e I D = XXXX ] minus the spaces). To find the Image ID simply search the game, and find the picture you would like to link, at the left hand side of the image page is listed the Image ID. For example, the main image for Coloretto's Image ID is 149765. If you don't use this format your items will show up as sweeteners, and you will be required to ship that game.
7. In your entries you are required to describe the condition of the components & box as best as possible for all items you are trading (ie. You are required to describe the condition of games which are New (In Shrink) and any included Sweetners).
For games which have multiple languages and editions, you also required to specify the language and edition of your item.
Please list if the game is not coming from a smoke-free environment.
If no other comments are made, a game should be assumed to be in English or language-independent, in mint or near-mint condition, with all components present and intact, from a smoke-free environment.
If you are listing an expansion, and you would like to reference the base game in the description; be clear one way or the other if you are including the base game or not. Do not include a link to the base game unless you are including it (i.e., if you include a link to the base game, you will be required to send the base game).
8. If you are offering a Pick X number of games from a list you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ Pick X -altname- in the description. Use of the +altname+ brief description -altname- will only work if one of these is selected as the main item, and will not work for sweeteners. Therefore if you are allowing a person to pick from multiple sweeteners and are including a specific game; you are required to listed it as Outside the Scope of BGG (Game ID: 23953), Miscellaneous Game Accessory (Game ID: 5985) or Miscellaneous Game Merchandise (Game ID: 22104) and must include the +altname+ GAME NAME + Pick X -altname-.
9. If you've been reported as a bad trader, you cannot participate. If you try to, I will remove your entries. If you see someone posting entries who is a bad trader, please let me know. I reserve the right to submit a blank want list on behalf of any items (though unlikely). If I do submit a blank want list on your behalf; I will notify you via GeekMail.
10. You will be required to periodically check your entries for Comments, and respond to them as appropriate. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments.
11. You will be submitting your want list using the OLWLG.
It is best to work on your want list and submit it early, so you don't miss the deadline. If you need to make changes after it is submitted, you can make the necessary changes and then resubmit it any time during the submission period (this does not cause any extra work for me, so feel free to do this as often as needed).
If you will be unavailable during the want list submission period but still wish to participate, contact me directly and we can discuss alternatives.
Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread. When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you do not get one, your want lists have not been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.
12. Other useful information:[/b][/u]
For an explanation of math trades, please see this article.
OLWLG Guides: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/30011
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. METRIC=USERS-TRADING
If you've never used the OLWLG before:
1) Follow this link - http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/bgglogin.cgi
2) Enter your BGG name and click on "Send Now".
3) You will receive a GeekMail containing your own personal link to the new OLWLG.
4) For assistance using the OLWLG please see the links provided above.
13. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In case there is a problem after the results are posted, at most it will only invalidate the affected trade chain(s) and not the entire results set. In addition if the problem can be resolved by the most directly affected party or parties, then that is perfectly acceptable.
- [+] Dice rolls