European GeekGold Game Lottery (Free Shipping Encouraged)
Vieira de Leiria
Geekgold for Game Lottery - October Edition has been a tremendous sucess and i would like to participate in many of those items, but unfortunately most of the participants are US geeks. That makes shipping costs raise up to a level that i don't like.
So i decided to try out a similar GeekList especially made for the European Geek Community, although it's open to everyone. I would like to encourage free shipping, but it's up to each one of you.
How to bid for an item?
If you see an item on this geeklist that you're interested in owning:
1. Just tip that entry and you are entered to win that game.
2. Check the description to see if you are allowed more than one entry on the item.
How to put an item on the lottery?
If you have a game that you're willing to part with for a little geekgold:
1. Post it as an item on the list.
2. Include a full description of the edition that you have and its condition. Be very clear on these conditions.
3. Specify if you will be limited in shipping options. If you ship internationally, if the shipping is on you, and if so how much.
4. Specify when your item will close for entries.
5. You can post both RPG Items and Boardgames.
6. The item must be draw before 31st of October 2009
What to do when the lottery ends?
1. When closed, draw a random name from those that have tipped your entry. If you allowed multiple entries remember to take it in consideration.
2. Contact that person and arrange shipment for the game.
3. Send the game.
4. Edit your geeklist item on this list with a note saying that "THIS ITEM IS CLOSED!" and to put the avatar of the winner, use the code [ username=name_of_winner] (without the space) for that.
How to find the winner?
You can use any fair method you like, like putting the names on a hat and drawing it, or you can use random.orgJeromie Rand(jeromier)United States
Jeromie Rand, created an wonderful application that you can find here. It is very simple to use:
1. Got to the url.
2. When you mouseover on the number of your item, you get a URL like this http://rpg.geekdo.com/geeklist/46332/item/1043139#item104313.... Your item id is the number after item, in this case it would be 1043139
4. Fill in the form.
Special Note #1: If you are giving an item, there is no guarantee for the number of entrants. You must be prepared to give away your game even if you only receive a single geekgold entry. Do not enter a game unless you are prepared for that outcome!!
Special Note #2: If for any reason you are forced to withdraw a game you offered, you must refund all geekgold tipped to your entry.
- [+] Dice rolls