Euroquest 2009 Meet-up White Board
- Eddie Mittelstedt(BugLaden)United States
While the event is great for grab-and-go games, some people (like me) enjoy structured events.
I know this is a bit structured, but I'd like to try and see how this works. A list like this was attempted 6 months ago at the last GCOM Game Days, but to my knowledge very little, if any events talked about on that geeklist were ever played. This is my way of formalizing and making official this type of conversation, as well as adding some accountability!
CREATING A MEET-UP
It is assumed that if you post an entry to this geeklist you own the game or are 100% certain that you can bring the game to the meet-up.
To create a meet-up, add a geeklist item to this list with the following information:
1. The game you are interested in playing (of course)
2. The day and time of the scheduled meet-up.
3. The min and max number of players you would like in the game.
4. The estimated time INCLUDING TEACHING that the meet-up will take, so people can schedule other meet-ups appropriately.
If you are interested in playing the game at the posted day/time, reply to the geeklist item with the words "I WILL BE THERE", "RESERVE ME" or something similar all in caps. This will allow your reservation to stand out from the inevitable other conversational replies to the item.
1. If you schedule to host a game and do not show up, you will be blacklisted from future meet-up lists that I run or am involved in (unless you have a good reason for missing it, like the dog peeing on your carpet, acts of God, etc).
2. If you commit yourself to a meet-up and do not show up, you will be blacklisted from future lists that I run or am involved in (see above for reasons why this might not apply)
3. Overbooking a meet-up is welcome, even encouraged. If you overbook then you are on stand-by for the game, and should be prepared to seek a game elsewhere if necessary if the game actually ends up being full.
4. If the meet-up does not meet the miminum players, then players are still expected to check-in at the posted day time to see if additonal players could be gathered on an ad-hoc basis to get the game started.
5. If the host needs to cancel the meet-up BEFORE Euroquest starts, it must be canceled by 11:59PM November 11, 2009.
- [+] Dice rolls