SVB Gamesday No-Ship Math Trade
- Dan(oeolycus)United States
CaliforniaI must think over my position and how I may improve it.
What’s A Math Trade
How Do I Use the OLWLG (freely available at www.boardgamegeek.com)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/32005 (Duplicate protection)
Open for submission: NOW through January 8, 10pm (to accommodate End of the Year Utility MT)
Want list submission: January 8, 10pm – January 12,
Results ASAP thereafter
Discussion Forum: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/477577/svb-gamesday-no-s...
IGNORANCE OF THE RULES/CUSTOMS IS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR YOUR MISTAKES. BE CAREFUL!
If you did not mean to trade a game, or don’t like the trade you got—you will be held to it! First rule of math trading is not to list one of your games for a game you wouldn’t want to receive.
If you’re familiar with math trades, make sure to read the first 6 rules—everything else is pretty commonplace.
1. This NO-SHIP math trade is meant specifically for people planning to attend SVB Gamesday on January 16, 2010 in Los Altos, CA.
2. You’re still welcome to participate if you can’t make Gamesday, but are expected to be timely in delivery, be local to the Bay Area, cover any extraneous expenses, and state clearly in your entries that you will not be attending Gamesday.
3. It’s important enough to repeat: IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE AT GAMESDAY, YOU MUST LIST THIS FACT IN YOUR ENTRIES.
4. Use of the OLWLG is mandatory (please also tip JeffyJeff for use of this incredible tool).
5. Gift certificates, Geekgold, DVDs, etc. are all permitted.
6. Gift certificate and GG arbitrage are not allowed.
7. Please do not delete geeklist entries if there is a change for any reason. Instead, edit the entry to tell us you won’t be offering it any longer and submit a blank wantlist.
8. Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) or "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" (game id 22104) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.
9. You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).
For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.
10. Sweeteners are to be listed using the GAMEID formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.
12. Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.
13. Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.
14. Software Used:
TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection
SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING
List Cap: None
Maximum Submissions Per User: Unlimited
After the trade concludes:
You will have a few days to contact the person with whom you're sending games/items before Jan 16. Arrange a time to meet at Gamesday (1 pm is a good time). You should also exchange cell phone numbers in case anything comes up.
Don't leave the person who is receiving an item from you in the dark!
Remember some flexibility will be required on your part.
- [+] Dice rolls