[CLOSED] - Answers to come... Win GG! Name that Game Rebus contest
Schleswig-HolsteinLest we Forget
CLOSED The answers have been posted here:
Rebus GG contest - Answers! (AKA I could kick myself for not getting that one...)
Welcome one and all to my first Geeklist contest! I have had lots of fun making this, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
What is a Rebus?:
A rebus is a word and picture puzzle. They work by either spelling out a word or sounding it out. The examples below should help you out if you are unfamiliar with this type of puzzle.
How Do I enter?
Decipher the 22 Puzzles below. Send me a geekmail with your answers, numbered from 1-22, and your answer to the tiebreaker below. To be eligble to win, you must thumb the geekilst!
Guess what the Geekscore of this contest will be in %. The Geekscore is the average score of all entries in the contest. ( I have plagarised this without remorse. Immitation is the best form of flattery, after all )
First Prize: 5.00
Second Prize: 2.50
Third prize: 1.00
Bonus Prize: 1.00 will be awarded to the user who thumbs the least-correctly guessed puzzle (in addition to thumbing the geeklist). There is no need to enter the main contest to be eligble, all I need is your
This is my first attempt at this, and I don't want to give away all my in prizes if there are only a handful of entrants; if this proves popular and I get tipped a total of at least 8.50 then I will double all the prizes.
If the geekilst reaches 100 and the front page, then I will add 10 door prizes of 0.25 chosen randomly.
EDIT: 100+ thumbs and front page reached = happy me! 10 door prizes of 0.25 will be awarded
1) You may update your contest entry at any time before the contest ends. Please include UPDATE in the title of your message.
2) Please do not give hints or spoilers in any comments posted to this Geeklist.
3) The contest will end at 23:59 PST on 22 Mar 10
4) First, second, and third place prizes will be awarded to the entries with the most correct answers. Ties will be broken by the tiebreaker. Further ties will be broken by random draw.
5) All decisions regarding the correctness of entries will be made by me and are final.
I would appreciate feedback on this competition. I make no apologies that some of the clues are a little obscure, or that my pronunciation might not exactly match with yours
Edit 1 - my inability to count the number of puzzles set...
Edit 2 - 10 Door prizes added
- [+] Dice rolls