Adopt a RPG in the database
Dragon Magazine has a new entry every single month.
Obviously, RPGG's members do a fabulous job of constantly updating the database but up to this point the coverage is sort of haphazard - I know I personally tend to fill in missing information or add items as I come across them in my use of the site and I imagine many others have the same approach; thus information gets filled in piecemeal and it's anyone's guess when a particular item might hit the database and, more importantly, be fully completed.
One solution I've come up with and am instituting is the idea of an "adopt a game" program in which users can volunteer to routinely check and update a particular family, system, or series. Some items (e.g., the Tribe 8 game) are largely a matter of working through what has been produced and filling in details and then it's done since the game is no longer being produced. Others, like Dragon Magazine would be an ongoing job, entering new items, filling in missing items for the past, etc.
If you're interest in adopting a RPG, series, or even a family please add it to the list. By doing so you're volunteering to work - as time permits - on updating and completing entries, and (if applicable) entering new items as they're released. This is strictly on a volunteer basis and is based on the honor-system: No one is going to check up on you or badger you if you're not doing your job.
A couple of other important points:
* It's important not to bite off more than you can chew. Signing up for a dozen different families won't really do anyone any good if you can't keep up with the release schedules.
* Out-of-print/production RPGs/Systems/Families also need love - many of these are missing important details or have a few orphan items that still haven't been entered. So if you're favorite setting was Spelljammer, go for it.
* While the idea of the list is an attempt to give members "ownership" of certain items, it obviously doesn't mean others can't also contribute to keeping that set of entries up to date.
* Multiple people signing up for the same entry group is fine and is probably a very good idea at the family level as well as for items that see very regular updates like the magazines.
* This is purely a volunteer effort - as of yet there is no special reward (other than the normal GG you get plus bonuses for filling in missing details on existing items).
* Adopting even a very obscure game is welcome.
* Please do not add individual RPG Items to the list. While it would be great if you'd update the item in question, the purpose of the list is for people to take on responsibility of broader categories within the database that contain multiple items.
If you can't adopt something now but want to support the program - please tip the list. Each month I'll distribute any GG given to the list that month amongst a couple of the participants, with different participants getting some GG each month.
- [+] Dice rolls