I finally crafted my copy of The Resistance. It came out amazing! I printed it using the black cards on full-sheet label paper, cut out the cards by hand, affixed the cards to unused MTG cards because with their black borders, and then sleeved them in black Ultra-Pro sleeves. The game looks professionally produced!
After seeing this repeatedly appear in these monthly PnP lists, I have decided to give it a go. While downloading the new maps I discovered a strategy guide as well. (Any game that can use a strategy guide sounds like fun to me.)
This should be a fairly simple construction compared to some of the PnPs I have made lately.
I glued down the hexes for this last night and will be finishing it up over the next week or so. Grabbed some wood 'blocks' (19mm) from the craft store but printed the labels too big for my first attempt. Need to reprint and make the die. (Which are already stained/partially sealed - once stickers, I'm going to try polyurethane-ing them.)
I held a give away for the belated birthday of Pocket Dungeon. The response was what I would term, "Pretty Nuts". So I have to put together a Metric Monkey load worth of copies of Pocket Dungeon,and ship them out to all the good people who haven't got them yet. All this between traveling for work, working OT when I am at home, Teaching my self PLC Programming, learning Google App Inventor, and fitting in a Sage's event day, our game day, and a Twilight Imperium day. This month is going to fly by.
I finally am going to finish this, this month. I have everything printed out and I have my 1" wood counters painted and ready to go. I just need to apply the paper counters to the wood. I am on the fence on whether to go Modge Podge or the more expensive PPA.
I have played the game twice using a Memoir'44 board and have decided to get something a little larger.
I printed a high res map with 3" hexes on 20 full sheet labels. I have taken 4 trivial persuit board and cut notches for them to lock together giving me a 39.5"x39.5" board. Now I need to apply the map and cut so it can be taken apart and folded up. This also lets me make the map smaller when fewer planes are present.
With a new puppy and lots of home improvement projects it won't be until next month that I will be working on the bases for the Wings of War minis. I only have 4 planes right now and will probably wait until the holidays to get more since I never know what to ask for. Hope to get around 10 planes total.
I'm finishing up the Melee remake. I have all the chits on scrabble tiles and the map mounted. All I need to do now is finish my weapon cards I've been working on and apply to some thin chipboard, and laminate the character cards... oh, then make/find a box.
Did up the cards on a whim. Sized the main deck to fit on Probe cards and the roles are on poker cards. I have colored magnets for a small board and cubes for a big board. Not sure which to do yet. I really want to find a DVD sized tin. Everything would fit.
1. Releasing the 'Eleventh Hour' expansion - allows players to recreate the first half of Matt Smith's first season as the Doctor. Travel to Leadworth village, Starship UK or Renaissance Venice. This has now been released on the game's Yahoo group and has a particularly lovely cover.
2. Re-releasing the 4 Core booklets after some tweaks and extra bits. Lots of work went into these.
3. Working on the October release - Classic Doctors - the Fourth Doctor - time to get out your Jelly Babies...
4. Continuing work on the November release - Infinite Quests.
5. Doing some more Location cards as Playaids
6. Having more thoughts and ideas for the January 2011 release - New Adventures, New Beginnings
Once again, the fronts & backs don't line up Exactly, so I'm going to cut it using the lines on the back. I'm printing front & back on one sheet of cardstock. I bought a new can of spray finish, I find that if I do 3 heavy coats it gives me cards I'm happy with. I've done one coat, 2 more to go.
I'm not sure how I'm going to store this yet. The tiles for the board are almost the same size as the cards, so maybe I can just make one tuckbox to hold it all.
NOTE: the picture is of franchi's cards, not mine.
EDIT: I made the tuckbox in the files, and it held the cards & tiles perfectly (I printed them off at 93%) with room for the directions folded up.
Crafting details: Player cards are on 110lb card stock and laminated. Character tiles and Magic/Gun chits are also on laminated 110lb card stock then affixed to a floor tile and cut out. The gate/monster tiles are printed on label paper then applied to thin chipboard and Mod Podged in several coats vertically and horizontally allowing dry time between for a faux linen textured finish I really like. The board is done the same way but mounted onto a cereal box with the "split" at a seam for the box so it folds nicely.
A note on the Mod Podge. I'm getting better at using it but this time having used the card stock for the board it seemed to have bubbled up more along the non-folding seam of the cereal box. I then used my finger to try and work it out and smeared the text a bit there around the Witch House. Also the corners curled a bit as I didn't Mod Podge the back side of the board like I have in the past...which would have fixed that. OH well live and learn and fix those things next time...as for this one I'm quite happy with the end product.