THE ULTIMATE TRADE™4: A New Beginning
- Steve Zamborsky(Zambo)United States
Illinois"Ah, Denny, I've hardly seen you this episode."
(Owner Note: Because I loved this original list (both the idea of it and being a part of it) and because I am a big, fat copycat, I submit this new GeekList for your approval. The following text is from Kane's original THE ULTIMATE TRADE™, with details changed where necessary. Thanks, and enjoy!)Recommend
I love trading games on BGG. I’ve completed several successful trades and I think it’s a great way to get new games without spending a ton of money and overloading your closet with unplayed games. To that end, I’ve decided to create THE ULTIMATE TRADE™.
I would like to trade my copy of Tikal. The game I’m thinking I would like in return is Wongar (although that could change).
Here’s how it will work…I will offer my copy of Tikal up for trade. If you want it, then you post a game you’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say San Marco). Then someone who wants San Marco can post a game they’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say Goa). Then someone who wants Goa….and so on. Once someone is willing to trade Wongar for the current item up for trade, THE ULTIMATE TRADE will end and they will send it to me. It’ll look something like this…
1. Tikal – me
2. San Marco – Person B wants Tikal and offers San Marco
3. Goa – Person C wants San Marco and offers Goa
4. Princes of Florence – Person D wants Goa and offers Princes of Florence
5. Wongar – Person E wants Princes of Florence and sends Wongar to me.
So, everybody gets the game they want and it’s one big joy-fest.
A few rules to make this work…
1. The games must all be of the same approximate value (like those listed). Tikal and Wongar are both in the $35-40 range, so keep your offers around there. If you want to offer something more valuable than what you’re getting, that’s fine, but don’t drop the value down. Dropping within $1 or so is fine, but be reasonable.
2. Don’t offer crap. I don’t want to see someone offer their $40 pewter Checkers set. Offer good games that people will want or this won’t work.
3. You must live in the USA to participate. (Sorry, but it’ll be too hard to do it any other way since most people won’t trade out of the country)
4. When you post the game you’re trading, post the condition of it and any pertinent information (publisher, English Edition…). All games should be in good condition. Also, say something in your comment about which game you would be getting like “I’ll give San Marco for Goa” or something. That way things don’t get confusing if 2 people post at the same time for the same game.
5. So that everyone feels safe about doing the trades, in order to participate you must have 1 of the following…..Avatar, GeekBadge, Supporter Badge, or at least 25 Geeklist comments, session reports, reviews, or articles. I know I don’t feel comfortable trading with someone who just signed up on BGG last week and hasn’t contributed anything, so I assume other people don’t either.
This could end up being very short with only a few people or it could end up being fairly long. If it seems like it will never end and just keeps going and going and going, then maybe I’ll pull the plug on it, but I thought it would be fun to try. Once it is completed, I will collect shipping information from everyone and distribute it as needed. Everyone should try to ship their games on the same day, but we’ll coordinate that later.
If the list locks up for awhile and nobody seems to want the current game listed, I’ll delete the current game to get things moving again. I’ll notify you if I delete your entry.
One last rule…as the Master of the ULTIMATE TRADE I can jump in at any moment and end the whole thing. I have supreme power to end the trade-line whenever I want to and take the current game. So, if someone posts Reef Encounter or 7 Ages, it ends there and it’s mine. Ah, it’s good to be king.
This also means that as the list progresses, I can go back and decide that I want to end it all and just take one of the previous entries. This will end the list at that point and all entries made after that are voided. This will probably only happen if I don’t have a chance to check the list for awhile and something I really want gets added and then the list grows before I check it again.
So that’s it. Comments are welcome, but don’t post a game unless you want the current game and you’re trading the game you posted. Good luck and happy trading!
- [+] Dice rolls