the SUPER COOL TRADE LIST FOR STUFF NO ONE WANTS...i bet...I mean...umm, trade list time?
- Mike Ricotta(ricottma)Japan
The following text is from Kane's original THE ULTIMATE TRADE™, with details changed where necessary.Recommend
I would like to trade my copy of SAnctuary OR Rail Wars. My games are both in goor condition, plenty of box wear on sanctuary. There are a number of games in the $20 range that I would consider worthwhile.
Here’s how it will work…I will offer my copy of the game up for trade. If you want them, then you post a game you’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say BuyWord). Then someone who wants BuyWord can post a game they’d be willing to trade for it (Let’s say Daytona 500). Then someone who wants Daytona 500 and so on. Once someone is willing to trade a game that I would like for Carcassonne - Hunters & Gatherers, THE ULTIMATE TRADE will end and they will send it to me.
So, everybody gets the games they want and it’s one big joy-fest.
A few rules to make this work…
1. The games must all be of the same approximate value (like those listed). Carcassonne H&G (including extra tiles from K&S) lists at about $20, so keep your offers around there. If you want to offer something more valuable than what you’re getting, that’s fine, but don’t drop the value down. Dropping within $1 or so is fine, but be reasonable.
2. Don’t offer crap. I don’t want to see someone offer their $40 pewter Checkers set. Offer good games that people will want or this won’t work.
3. You must live in the USA to participate. (Sorry, but it’ll be too hard to do it any other way since most people won’t trade out of the country)
4. When you post the game you’re trading, post the condition of it and any pertinent information (publisher, English Edition…). All games should be in good condition. Also, say something in your comment about which game you would be getting like “I’ll give San Marco for Goa” or something. That way things don’t get confusing if 2 people post at the same time for the same game.
This could end up being very short with only a few people or it could end up being fairly long. If it seems like it will never end and just keeps going and going and going, then maybe I’ll pull the plug on it, but I thought it would be fun to try. Once it is completed, I will collect shipping information from everyone and distribute it as needed. Everyone should try to ship their games on the same day, but we’ll coordinate that later.
If the list locks up for awhile and nobody seems to want the current game listed, I’ll delete the current game to get things moving again. I’ll notify you if I delete your entry.
One last rule…as the Master of the ULTIMATE TRADE I can jump in at any moment and end the whole thing. I have supreme power to end the trade-line whenever I want to and take the current game. Ah, it’s good to be king.
This also means that as the list progresses, I can go back and decide that I want to end it all and just take one of the previous entries. This will end the list at that point and all entries made after that are voided. This will probably only happen if I don’t have a chance to check the list for awhile and something I really want gets added and then the list grows before I check it again.
So that’s it. Comments are welcome, but don’t post a game unless you want the current game and you’re trading the game you posted. Good luck and happy trading!
trade me something damn it!
- [+] Dice rolls