Games for Geekgold May 2011 - I will light the Bonfire
These are the Rules
Who can participate?
Everyone can take part of the system, with the following exceptions: new users cannot list items unless they are a patron.
How to bid for an item?
If you see an item on this geeklist that you're interested in owning:
1. It couldn't be more simple. Just tip that entry 1 and you are entered to win that game.
2. Check the description to see if you are allowed more than one entry on the item, and if there are bonus for multiple geekgold bid.
3. The bid is binding. Which means that once you bid the item it is assumed that you read the entry completely, understood and therefore want to take part of the drawing. The lister doesn't have an obligation to give your tip back although most won't have an issue. If for some reason an user withdraws from a lottery and should not be chosen as an winner, the lister should contact me to have his name ignored.
How to put an item on the lottery?
If you have a game that you're willing to part with for a little geekgold:
1. Post it as an item on the list.
2. Include a full description of the edition that you have and its condition. Be very clear on conditions, marks and box
3. Specify if you will be limited in shipping options. If you ship internationally, if the shipping is on you, and if so how much.
4. Specify when your item will close for entries.
5. You can post Board Games, Video Games, RPGs, and related items. You cannot make a lottery for Geekgold or something completely unrelated the main entry, although these types of item can be added as bonus or as second winners. You can put gift cards as long as it is for an store related with the domains (i.e. no gift card to a convenience or department store allowed, but one for steam, funagain, drivethru rpg, etc can be raffled).
6. Always link to the correct item on the database. So if you are auctioning the Video Game version of Puerto Rico link to Puerto Rico and not to Puerto Rico.
7. To guarantee that the item will appear on the subscription page, allow for at least 1 week between listing and drawing.
8. Miscelanous game entries, like FIMO miniatures, pimp items, etc should be added using Miscellaneous Game Accessory, Miscellaneous Miniatures Game Accessory or Miscellaneous Card Game Accessory as appropriate.
9. The item must be draw between May 1st, 2011 and May 31st, 2011
Specific rules for types of item
1. For board games, contact me before adding homemade versions of non-Print and Play games.
2. For RPGs remember that the spirit of these lotteries is one of fairness. So, make sure that if you offer a PDF version of a given book, that you have the right to resell it, put on the item that it is indeed a PDF. Personal scans, illegal digital copies and xerox of books are not permitted.
3. For video games, no pirated or bootleg version is allowed. Remember that some online versions have pretty strict rules on what you can do with your copy. So when offering a game, make sure that you indeed can transfer the full ownership of it to the user. In case a new potential user would have some restriction with the new game, like not been allowed to access official online serves, add this information to the post.
4. If you are in some way connected with the item in question, either as a publisher or as a designer, contact me before posting any such item. And send me the wording you intend for the entry.
What to do when the lottery ends?
1. When closed, draw a random name from those that have tipped your entry. If you allowed multiple entries remember to take it in consideration.
2. Contact that person and arrange shipment of the game.
3. Send them the game.
4. Edit your geeklist item on this list with a note saying that "THIS ITEM IS CLOSED!" and to put the avatar of the winner, use the code [ username=name_of_winner] (without the space) for that.
5. When an item is closed I will move it to the bottom of the list. Please don't delete them
How do I find the winner?
Starting in November 2010, you must use the Copycat Awesome Tool to find the winner for your item. Later on this header you will find a link to the tool thread where you can get all the info on how to use it (it is pretty simple). Items appear on the tool the day they are inserted on the list, but the bonus and special drawings\conditions depends on me finalizing it. It has taken usually, 7 days for me to update. I'm trying to make it more automated but time is not allowing me.
Can I tip back people who tipped me?
Yes, you can use the GeekGold any user tipped you to tip on one of his items for lottery, but with discretion. You are not allowed to enter in collusion with an user to circle tip each other to get your chances very high. Doing so will remove both from the lotteries and take the geekgold incurred during it. Simple getting a tip and tipping back is not a problem. If you realize that there is an item one user has that you really want, and he really wants one of yours. Propose a trade (users are encouraged to add, before listing, items they want to lottery off on their Trade list), and if it goes through you reimburse the geekgold of every other participant.
If you suspect that something is wrong with any item on the lottery, please contact me by GeekMail explaining which behavior you saw that got you suspicious.
Additional rules and guidelines
1. Don't update more than once a day;
2. Editing for the sake of trying to attract people is bad behavior. Doing it everyday (countdown to draw) is even worst. When an entry is updated I go check it to see if I have to change anything on the tool entry for it, and when there are half the items with updates, that can be a bit difficult;
3.Posting on the Game Forums or on the General Gaming forums and GeekMailing users about the offers your put on the lotteries is considered spam and should not be done. We have a very high profile subscription thread on the GeekBay forums, which should take care of adding visibility. Rare will be the user that wants to take part but doesn't know already about it.
4. You cannot reserve a spot on the geeklist by adding a TBA announced post while waiting to post latter, just to have an earlier place.
Special Note #1: If you are giving an item, there is no guarantee for number of entrants. You must be prepared to give away your game even if you only receive a single geekgold entry. Do not enter a game unless you are prepared for that outcome!!
Special Note #2: If for any reason you are forced to withdraw a game you offered, you must refund all geekgold tipped to your entry.
Special Note #3: This is more a personal request, please try to avoid over complicated bonus schemes and shipping thresholds. Although I understand and find it funny when an user goes with 10 different levels of free shipping with some countries here and there, I have to update this info manually on the tool for it to show on the update, and that delays the subscription update (a simple listing takes 10 sec, a more complicated can take up to 2 minutes)
Games for Geekgold Subscription thread
Games for Geekgold Banter and discussion thread
Games for Geekgold Lottery Tool Discussion Thread
Tell us what to give away: A Games for Geekgold survey
- [+] Dice rolls