This game seems right up Richard's alley!
This is a Euro, in which all players are working on constructing the red cathedral in Moscow.
- 1-4 players
Mechanisms (per BGG) include:
• Dice Rolling
• Mancala - Involves moving the clockwise around a circle, based on the pip value of the dice - sort of like in Trajan.
• Area Majority / Influence
However, there is more to the game than that. Each player has many options of actions to take on their turn, including:
• Claiming a cathedral section
• Bonus actions
• Acquiring resources from the market
• Building sections of the cathedral
• Completing a cathedral section
• Adding ornamentations
• You gain recognition & prestige
• There is an advanced section on the back side of the player boards