From the PDF:
Principles of Flashback and Fate
● There is no preparation.
● The players take the role of cinniúint, narrating the actions of their character, taking random chance
and altering continuity. All to drive the character towards their fate.
● The players have only just taken an interest in their characters, meaning they know very little about
them at the beginning of the game.
● The game is primarily played in the 3rd person or with an authorial tone.
● Find out about the characters and the world by playing scenes full of action and adventure.
● Encourage genre twists and crazy mashups.
● Incorporate and bring the disparate elements together into a coherent whole.
● Characters gain traits in flashbacks where they elaborate their back story.
● Tradeoffs in whatsided die to choose for your character’s traits.
● The players can change key events in previous scenes to create new timelines.
The players are the cinniúint, creatures of doom, destiny and design. Otherworldly, they have each taken an
interest in a character. They take control of a character by influencing their decisions and deciding their luck.
The goal is to have these characters meet defined fates..