BLACK VOID is a dark fantasy tabletop role-playing game revolving around the fall and subsequent resurgence of humanity after cataclysmic events have torn them from Earth.
In the BLACK VOID you and your fellow players are descendants of the survivors of Earth. Behind you the smouldering ruins of humanity, before you a vast treacherous cosmos and mysterious Llyhn swarming with outlandish lifeforms, eccentric daimons and otherworldly entities. In this swelling cosmopolis of intrigue, wonder, decadence, beauty and eldritch menace begins the battle for the survival and resurgence of mankind.
- Easy, unrestrictive and versatile character creation and progression allow you to build exactly the character you want to play
- The D12-based system is founded on simple and intuitive principles allowing players to focus on the action rather than rules and procedures
- A fast-paced manoeuvre-based combat system ensures consistently versatile encounters
- Extensive weapons and armour customisation options provide possibilities to create distinctive equipment suited particularly for your character and playing style
- Enlightenment, Mysticism and Blood Rituals offer novel and thrilling powers for players to explore
- Voidfaring allow players to travel the Void, visiting exotic and outlandish worlds.
BLACK VOID is about the pursuit of enlightenment, power and prestige in a vast and unfamiliar cosmos. Encounters with the outlandish, bizarre and grotesque are at the core of this game as players traverse and explore innumerable worlds separated yet inconceivably connected by an enigmatic Void.
Humanity – and the player – is faced with questions and uncertainty as it seeks to find its place in a vast and unfamiliar cosmos: Where are we and what is our place? What is humanity when it has lost everything? Where do we go from here? As characters explore the cosmos and Void seeking answers they are not only faced with adversity but also exposed to philosophical, psychological and ethical quandaries when confronted with otherworldly mentalities and cultures completely alien to mankind.
BLACK VOID is not a game of “good versus evil”. Rather, this game takes a less rigid approach and probes the grey areas where morals are points of view and conventional conjecture is non-existent or irrelevant.
The BLACK VOID setting and system is based on the notion that simplicity grants diversity and rules should always take a backseat to story. In the game simple and straightforward rules allow players to focus on the narrative and action at hand, while a thematic core concept combined with a boundless setting provide infinite adventure possibilities. The game is designed for extensive sandbox style play but can work for short stand-alone adventures also.