From publisher blurb:
Horror gaming that’s easy and exciting- it’s… 4Saken!
“Jamie? Dave? Where are you guys? They must be in that dark cabin up ahead…”
Are you a fan of exciting horror cinema? Does your top ten favorites include Invasion of the Body Snatchers
, Evil Dead
, The Fog
, They Live
, An American Werewolf in London
, The Fly
, Night of the Living Dead
or 30 Days of Night
? Then 4Saken
from Purple Duck Games might just be the tabletop role-playing game for you! Based on the popular 4C System
for superhero roleplaying, 4Saken is a toolkit for crafting and playing your own horror-genre games, all nicely contained in less than 100 pages, scary stories and bone-chilling art included! Players take on the role of Survivors, people just a little bit better than the ordinary potential victim strolling around, who get caught up in the strange, mysterious and deadly events that are taking place just beyond the prosaic veneer of peaceful everyday life… which is why the authorities don’t believe them when they say that the mayor is really a supernatural monster wearing human skin! 4Saken
has all you need to start playing, including:
- Survivor character creation rules, melding Background, Skills, Traits, Contacts, Gifts, and the all-important Instincts, which details what your Survivor does when they are overcome with fear!
- Mechanics for regular play using the 4C Master Table and how to manipulate it, with details on combat, weapons, movement and hazards.
- FEAR! –and how terror of the unknown and deadly hazards just beyond the edge of shadow can affect your Survivor!
- For the Director, who crafts your journey through horror; a collection of macabre Menaces to challenge the survivors, as well as supporting cast and deadly animals.
- Invaluable advice for Directors on how to make your 4Saken sessions give all the horror-movie themed game action you are looking for- fighting against forces you cannot comprehend, let alone hope to easily defeat…
- Two spine-chilling sample adventures, Dead Man’s Recurve and Perchance to Scream, complete with maps, Director’s notes, and tons of horrific action your Survivor may not survive, should they choose not to run.