From publisher blurb:
GUIDEBOOK TO THE DUCHY OF VALNWALL
The Guidebook to the Duchy of Valnwall (Special Edition) is a Labyrinth Lord supplement that expands on the critically acclaimed Guidebook to the City of Dolmvay and details the people, layout, and government of the Duchy of Valnwall. The Duchy is presented in broad strokes and is open to customization. It was specifically designed to give Labyrinth Lords a convenient and familiar fantasy setting to place their adventures.
The Guidebook to the Duchy of Valnwall (Special Edition) is largely open content. Small Niche Games would like to encourage professional and amateur publishers to use the Guidebook as a shared fantasy setting and set their commercial adventures within the Duchy of Valnwall. Labyrinth Lords (and publishers) should feel free to change, add, or remove any of the information in this book to better suit his or her own game.
The Guidebook to the Duchy of Valnwall (Special Edition)
- A breakdown of Valnwall adventure themes
- History of the Duchy of Valnwall
- Detailed overview of the Duchy of Valnwall including government, religion, commerce, and laws and punishment
- Descriptions of over a dozen major festivals
- An overview of the citizens of the Duchy including a breakdown of social classes, daily life for commoners and nobles, style of dress, arms and armor, rumors and gossip, and common gestures, curses, and phrases
- Geography of the Duchy including details on cities, towns, mountains, forests, other terrain features, and more. . .along with an amazingly detailed set of regional and city maps by cartographers Tom Fayen and Tim Hartin
- Descriptions of numerous factions and stat blocks for NPCs
- Descriptions of different types of settlements
- Over a dozen unique Valnwall random encounters
- Over two dozen new plants and monsters native to the Duchy
- More information about the massive seawall and megadungeon known as the Great Valnwall
- Downloadable regional and city maps
This Special Edition includes ten (10) Mini-Adventures set in the Duchy of Valnwall. These scenarios were written by talented OSR authors James M. Spahn, Jason Paul McCartan, Tim Shorts, Eric Hoffman, Timothy Brannan, Paul (greyarea) Go, Matt Jackson, Jeff Sparks, Erik Tenkar, and Dyson Logos!