(from the back of the book)
For countless millennia, the great civilizations of the prior worlds ruled the earth. They built cities and machines of unimaginable grandeur and scale. They reshaped the very planet and cast off from it to the stars, the universes, and even realms outside of our reality. Their works were beyond number and beyond wonder. But now they are gone.
The world we have inherited lies in their shadow--and their ruins. But have we lost all that they left us? Can we make for ourselves a better world? Can we sift through the remnants of the prior worlds to lift this, the Ninth World, from its age of darkness? Perhaps so, but only if we call upon every ounce of our grit, our wisdom, and our will--and upon the mysterious workings of the . . .
Numenera Destiny opens a new and exhilarating chapter of the Numenera roleplaying game, with everything you need to help lift the Ninth World into a brighter future:
- Elegant rules for entirely new modes of play, letting players create and expand their world over the course of whole campaigns.
- Robust salvaging and crafting rules that let characters convert the remnants of the prior worlds into beneficial technologies for exploring or furthering their communities.
- Vehicles, artifacts, structures and other numenera objects to discover or build.
- New character types, descriptors and foci: the Arkus who adeptly leads, the Delve who excels at exploration, and the Wright who crafts installations, artifacts, vehicles and weapons.
- Creatures, cyphers and artifacts that build on the theme of destiny.
- Four complete adventures themed around Ninth World communities plus a giant poster map.
Numenera Destiny is one of two corebooks. You need Numenera Discovery to play; it includes character generation, all the basic game rules, and detailed information on the Ninth World.