From publisher blurb:
Enter the all-too-timely world of Arecibo…
Everyone on the island knew that something was amiss when the power went out. In the municipality of Arecibo, frogs and crickets fell quiet, bringing stillness to the night. Slowly but surely, the children started to understand that something far worse than animals dwelled in their tropical paradise. When the island is abruptly blockaded by US Armed Forces, it is up to them to determine what has gone wrong when no adult will listen, and perhaps stop the very end of the world. In the far reaches of space, something stirs in response to the Arecibo message. Deep in the giant caverns of the island, something else answers. Stranger Things and the eldritch meets Puerto Rico in its darkest hours in Arecibo, a Fate World of Adventure by Nicolas Hornyak.
requires Fate Core to play. This 43-page supplement includes:
- Streamlined rules to make young characters, including guidelines on appropriate aspects, skills, and stunts
- Essential background information for running games set in Arecibo, a city on the north coast of Puerto Rico, complete with drop in locations for your games
- Transmogrification rules in Fate to define the process of character change from a normal human into an instrument of eldritch power
- Alternate dimensions — and their inhabitants — reachable through Arecibo
- A complete starter adventure: The Wow Child
In Arecibo, somos fuertes. We are strong.