From publisher blurb:
Heroes possessing supernatural or superhuman abilities have been a staple of literature and entertainment for millennia. From such ancient figures as Samson, Hercules, Hanuman, and Robin Hood to the modern-day exploits of John Henry, The Shadow, Superman and Wonder Woman, superheroes have been part of a rich mythos that continues to this day. Superheroes and their amazing powers have been featured in oral tradition; religious texts and other written works; television and movies; and most famously, comic books.
Superheroes have also been the protagonists of various games, both online and tabletop. While there are many RPG systems that allow players to take on the guise of those who fight for Truth, Justice, and the Human Way; fans of the splendid 2D6 system which powers Cepheus Engine (CE) and the Original Science Fiction Roleplaying Game (OSFRPG) have had to make do with the (necessarily limited) Psionics rules or not run such games at all.
But look! Up in the sky! It’s 2D6 Powers, a suggested set of rules for emulating the astounding feats of comics’ greatest stars. Designed specifically to take the physics-bending capabilities of metahumans into account, the file offers:
- A brief discussion of superpowers and their level of realism
- A method for determining a base power level using a new stat: Power (PWR)
- Creating powers using descriptive Applications, designed for broad interpretation based on Player imagination
- Rules for using powers in both combat and non-combat applications
- A method for balancing non-powered “masked vigilante” heroes against modern-day gods
- And to top it all off, a system for creating super-weapons and equipment
And the rules are also flexible enough to be useful for emulating the Mysterious Powers of the early “Mystery Men” and pulp heroes, and the transhuman abilities of upgraded science-fiction protagonists.
Spring into super action with 2D6 Powers!