Like Blades in the Dark, the game upon which it's based,
Blades of the Jhereg is a game in which you play daring scoundrels who try to advance the goals of a criminal
organization. Play Blades of the Jhereg if you:
- Enjoy Steven Brusts’ Taltos series (not a requirement, but highly recommended).
- Want to play a Forged in the Dark system in which:
- Magic is commonplace. All characters have access to teleportation, psionic communication, and revivification.
- You operate in a complex feudal society in which elven nobles rule over commoners and humans.
- You can play a crime boss, a sorcerer, a witch, or a witch’s familiar
(From the introduction)