From the Back of the Book:
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," warned the stranger in an oddly irritated tone of voice, but the street thugs only laughed and struck at him harder. He fell to the ground and curled into a ball... and then the ball began to bulge and the stranger's clothing began to rip at the seams, revealing the bristle of swiftly growing, shaggy hair.
Children of the Night: Werebeasts is the third book in a series that brings to unlife the creature types detailed in the best-selling Van Richten's Guides. Each of the creatures depicted herein carries its own history, its own special curse, and its own mini-adventure that will test the mettle and wits of novice and experienced adventurers alike.
Some of the monsters that heroes will confront include the following:
- Meeka, a cat that became almost, but not quite, human.
- Professor Arcanus, a collector of rather strange curiosities and artifacts.
- Mother Fury, a woman who loves what she is and wants to share her "gift."
- Henri Milton, an artist who isn't sure if art imitates life or vice versa.
- Dr. Horstman, a scientist with a unique perception of "progress."
These are the Children of the Night.
This product was designed for use with the RAVENLOFT campaign setting, but it can easily be adapted for use in any AD&D game world, or it can be used by itself for an evening of terror.
For all character levels.