From publisher blurb:
Welcome to Sanctuary, Welcome to Thieves' World!
Sanctuary is one dangerous city. Thieves and murderers stalk its streets. Cutthroats and cultists lurk in the shadows and death is a constant companion. It is a city that has seen gods battle overhead, where the fate of the Rankan Empire once hung in balance. It is a hotbed of politics in the Known World, destination for bizarre people from far across the seas. Sanctuary a curious and volatile mix of countless heroes and villains, of nobles and peasants, of warriors and wizards. Only one knows every street, every alley, every secret in this crumbling city: Shadowspawn. Who better to serve as your guide?
Shadowspawn's Guide to Sanctuary is the definitive guide to fantasy's most notorious city. Inside this tome, you'll find:
- A detailed history of the city, covering the periods before, during, and after the classic Thieves' World anthologies--and preparing you for the new ones.
- A guide to life in Sanctuary, including information on its industries, religion, diversions, crimes and politics.
- A comprehensive guide to Sanctuary's leaders, from the legitimate rulers to the crime lords, and all the power groups in between.
- A detailed overview of the city, presenting each neighborhood in detail while highlighting key locations.
- Statistics and information for all of your favorite characters from the classic anthologies including Prince Kadakithis, Shadowspawn, and the dreaded Roxane.
- Statistics and information for nearly all of the characters featured in the new anthologies like Cauvin, H'lott, and Heliz Yunz.
- Extensive advice for running adventures in Thieves' World, including guidelines for adapting the city to other settings, optional rules like action points, allegiances, and class-based dodge bonuses.
- 13 new diseases like the shrieks and delirium fever.
- 100 adventure ideas
- A slew of adventure seeds to kickstart your own adventures.
- Generic statistics for common people in Sanctuary such as assassins, beggars, prostitutes, cultists, and of course, thieves.
- New cultures like the Shapeshifter, Lirter, and the Cantal Plains barbarian.
- 12 new backgrounds including the seer, mercenary, and pirate.
- New rules for Ur-words, fragments of language that can change the very fabric of reality!
- Several new prestige classes such as the Crimson Scholar and Dyareelan Disciple.
Shadowspawn's Guide to Sanctuary is the definitive resource for exploring and adventuring in one of the seediest cities in all of fantasy. Designed for all fans of Thieves' World, Shadowspawn's Guide is jammed packed with information on both eras. Armed with this massive sourcebook, you'll have everything you need to play in Thieves' World or to adapt it for play in your own campaign settings.