from the publisher
Set in a far, far distant future, the Numenera RPG puts a new spin on traditional fantasy, creating something unique to reinvigorate the imagination of gamers everywhere. Player characters explore a world of mystery and danger to find leftover artifacts of the past: bits of nanotechnology, the datasphere threaded among still-orbiting satellites, bio-engineered creatures, and myriad strange and wondrous devices that defy understanding. Numenera is about discovering the wonders of the worlds that came before, not for their own sake, but as the means to improve the present and build a future.
With streamlined, intuitive rules, Numenera allows players to create characters in minutes and puts the emphasis back on story rather than laborious mechanics. Numenera is the latest creation of one of the biggest names in roleplaying games, award-winning designer and fan-favorite Monte Cook.
The beautiful, 416-page Numenera PDF is extensively cross-linked for extreme ease of use.
- Streamlined, story-based mechanics
- The means for players to create the character they truly want to play
- Open-ended gameplay with a strong narrative
- A focus on mystery and the unknown, filling players with a sense of wonder
- A complete overview of the Ninth World setting, filled with imaginative ideas, useful hooks, interesting characters, and wild locales
- A bestiary of more than fifty creatures and characters
- Descriptions of hundreds of technological items
- Three chapters of game mastering advice written by one of the foremost experts on the topic
- Four adventures to kickstart any campaign