Hide
8 Posts

Survive: Escape from Atlantis!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swimming and Monster tile questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Polo
msg tools
1) Moving meeple (in water) onto a boat on the same sea space: Is it swimming?

2) Monster tiles: Can a Serpent(for example) teleport out of the middle sea space that is surrounded by island tiles?

3) Monster tiles: Does the monster have to finish it's move on a completely empty space?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. We play it that it is swimming to climb into a boat. I can't remember what the rules say.

2. Yes, if someone plays the tile move sea serpent to any unoccupied space.

3. Yes. The tiles that let you move creatures must end on an unoccupied space.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I believe that is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Rytter-Johansen
Norway
Våler i Østfold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Rules says: You may not move a Swimmer from a sea space into a Boat in an adjacent sea space (since this would be considered 2 movements, and a Swimmer may move only one sea space in a turn). You can only move a Swimmer onto a Ship when they occupy the same sea space.

2. Agree with Jon, either by a terrain tile or if you have the expansion with the dive roll.

3. Yes, the rules says: to any vacant sea space of your choice.
(Vacant = Not occupied or Containing nothing; empty.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Polo
msg tools
Trumpkin wrote:
1. Rules says: You may not move a Swimmer from a sea space into a Boat in an adjacent sea space (since this would be considered 2 movements, and a Swimmer may move only one sea space in a turn). You can only move a Swimmer onto a Ship when they occupy the same sea space.

"...(since this would be considered 2 movements...)"

Is that 2 swim movements? Or one swim and one normal movement? Because both questions apply to the "a Swimmer may only move one sea space."

Again, same space, in water, moving onto a boat. Swimming?

thanks (sorry I get frustrated when rules aren't perfect)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take away the "swim" word and replace with just movement. A meeple in water can only have one movement. Does that simplify the available action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Polo
msg tools
haha yeah that simplifies it. Unfortunately that is not the way it's written in the rules. But seeing that getting onto a boat is covered under the swimming section of the rules, I'll assume it is swimming.

Thematically though, it would take a lot of time to swim to another adjacent sea space. That could be a mile let's say. But getting onto a 3 man boat? I don't think that's nearly as exhausting/time-consuming as a long swim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yer but the swimmer doesn't necessarily start right next to the boat, so thematically it's him still swimming to chase down the boat in the currents caused by a sinking island and then trying to climb into it. I'd imagine he'd be quite tired by that point and takes a rest once climbing onto the boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
dancingisforbidden wrote:
1) Moving meeple (in water) onto a boat on the same sea space: Is it swimming?

2) Monster tiles: Can a Serpent(for example) teleport out of the middle sea space that is surrounded by island tiles?

3) Monster tiles: Does the monster have to finish it's move on a completely empty space?

thanks

1) Yes it is swimming. (S)he swims to the boat before climbing in. You can therefore move the boat and then disembark to dry land if you wish (and haven't used any movement points first).
(1 swim, 1 normal, 1 normal).

2) Yes.. rules say any vacant tiles.

3) see (2) above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.