Lopo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
Mister Fox is here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Just have some hesitations about the special reaction rule:
1. There is an enemy landing on a hex under my control but without ground unit but in range of a supplied HQ and normal range of a supplied air unit.
2. During the same offensive, another place is declared as a battle hex. My opponent play an event.

-> I lost my intel roll so the offensive is a surprise!
-> I win my special reaction roll and can "normally" react into the first hex.

I know that the special reaction doesn't change the intel condition so do I react with the operation value of my opponent card ?
Do I suffer the +3 for surprise on my opponent die roll?

In the case of a surprise attack, how can I react even with a special reaction?

Thank you for answering

Regards

Lopo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lopo wrote:
Hello!

Just have some hesitations about the special reaction rule:
1. There is an enemy landing on a hex under my control but without ground unit but in range of a supplied HQ and normal range of a supplied air unit.
2. During the same offensive, another place is declared as a battle hex. My opponent play an event.

-> I lost my intel roll so the offensive is a surprise!
-> I win my special reaction roll and can "normally" react into the first hex.

I know that the special reaction doesn't change the intel condition so do I react with the operation value of my opponent card ?
Do I suffer the +3 for surprise on my opponent die roll?

In the case of a surprise attack, how can I react even with a special reaction?

Thank you for answering

Regards

Lopo
The reason that you are asking these questions is because you have gotten the sequence of play out of order (6.2). Before you ever roll for intelligence or play a card to change the intelligence condition in step 4, you first have to finish step 3.

In step three you would have first determined that you had failed the SR, so all you can react to is the offensive player declared battle hex. Then you failed your intelligence roll, so there is no reaction at all to anything. Your opponent proceeds per 6.2 to step 6 and conducts the surprise combat on the declared battle hex and the SR situation has nothing to do with any battles.

Now even if you had been successful in step 3 in SR, all it allows you to do is declare the SR hex a battle hex. That's all. If in step 4 you fail an intel roll and it is a surprise attack, then it is a surprise attack in both declared battle hexes and you still go to step 6 and resolve both battles. Obviously the SR declared battle hex had no one there, so there is no combat die roll.

I hope that helps,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lopo
Switzerland
flag msg tools
badge
Mister Fox is here!
mbmbmbmbmb