Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
I went ahead an compiled the unanswered questions into this post for the convenience of those who can answer them. Please answer in the original thread by using the provided link.
I will keep this thread updated as new questions come in.

1. Runika's Tinker
Summary: Should Tinker be read as written ("if hit") or as "when hit".
Answer: "when hit"

2. Byron's UA and life loss
Summary: Do life loss effects affect Byron on two beats? The actual and the following?
Answer: Yes.

3. 2 passive effects affecting the same thing (last section of the post)
Summary: What happens if the damage to a target gets converted into life loss (Oriana's Celestial) and the target has Soak?

4. Pulse vs Cancel vs Finisher
Summary: When is the SA permanently lost?
Answer: Only when the SA takes effect. In all other situations it will go to the discards.

5. Joal's Dual Wield and order/priority/modifying effects
Summary: Is the second a bubble attack or does it replace the first for the rest of the beat? How does this interact with stat modifier and base stats?
Answer: The second replaces the first for the rest of the beat. The attack's values are calculated anew.

6. "Opponent cannot move" and the controller of the effect
Summary: Can't the controller of an "Opponent cannot move" effect move the opponent or does it only prevent the opponent from moving through their own effects?
Answer: The opponent cannot move or be moved.

7. Kajia & Larimore Burman
Summary: How does her UA interact with Burman?
Answer: When being adjacent to Burman at the end of the beat she places an Insect Counter in one of Burman's attacks of her choosing.

8. Sagas playing the opponent's cards
Summary: Compilation of questions involving Sagas' possibilities to play with the opponents cards.

9. Tanis' Distressed movement
Summary: Can the opponent be moved past Eris?

10. Endrbyt's Sonic and Joal's Dual Wield
Summary: Can Joal use the base named by Endrbyt for his after activating effect?
Answer: Yes.

11. Gaspar's Clones movements
Summary: How do the Clones' movements work in detail? Do they qualify as opponents for their whole activation?

12. Moving for each instance of something
Summary: Does it equate to one move equal to the number or multiple instance of 1-space movements?

13. Cannot advance/retreat and pull/push interaction
Summary: Can you not pull/push an opponent if that opponent cannot advance/retreat?

14. Lymn's Maddening vs Eligor's Sweet Revenge
Summary: Can Lymn's Maddening overwrite Eligor's Sweet Revenge's power?

(Questions collected for this interval: 0-22.10.13 & 12.02.14-02.03.14)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1)It's most likely a when.

2)Yes. The life loss will technically just make your max HP next beat "go down" for that beat ONLY.

That is, if you take 3 points of life loss this beat, your starting HP next beat goes down by 3. However, once that beat ends, your starting HP goes back to being "normal"

3) Soak is applied first then damage is checked afterwards. (Seeing as you always have to resolve Soak first to determine how much damage you'll take)

So MY take is that Incoming damage > Check Soak > Celestial the rest.

"Converts all damage taken into life loss" Damage passes through Soak before you take it.

4)
Cancel VS Finisher:
The enemy attack pair (special action + base) go into discard.

Pulse VS Finisher:
Invalidates it and opponent loses SA.

Cancel VS Pulse:
Now, this is weird but MY take on it is that Pulse invalidates the Cancel and both players dont cycle.

Simply because Pulse is ultimate defense, NOTHING should ever be above it.

5)

Only care about which one is "on top" or "currently being resolved"

If I Dual Wield Strike > Dash, I'd lose the Stun Guard.

Things that say "MY take" are not "final" and are simply the "most balanced" thing to assume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
Re: Rules questions to which there is no definitive answer yet [6 unresolved questions]
Updated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rules questions to which there is no definitive answer yet [6 unresolved questions]
3) Page 25 of the rulebook states that Soak does not prevent loss of life, if that's what's being asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#10 seems to have a definitive answer at the link you give.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls