Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Ban
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This happened last night when we played Game 13.

Southern Europe is the first resource card drawn, sitting in spot 4, with 4 coins on it.

The Mission card come up: World Capital, which you can claim instead of a resource card worth 4+ coins.

My Dad drafts First Turn and 10 troops. Starts somewhere in Europe. I am playing the Mutants (who were at that time undefeated), and started in the Ural because all biohazards are in Asia, and Russia had a bunker. Unfortunately, I started with only six troops, although I was second turn.

Turn 1: My Dad deploys his three armies in his capital. He takes Southern Europe with a simple expansion, and then charges over to the Ural with as many troops as possible to attack my capital. He rolls well; I don't. Two troops remain to take my HQ (my only spot on the board, of course).

Instead of taking Southern Europe, he claims the mission for 2 VPs.

Two HQ + two tokens for the Mission = win. None of the rest of us got a turn. surprise

The rest of us were veterans of Risk: Legacy, and none of us saw it coming.

Well played, Dad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, that is a fast game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, awesome!

I've seen a PBF game go almost that fast. A fights B, then C stomps the peices into submission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nearly accomplished the same thing, using Enclave's triple-kill power. I rolled 3 1s, the back-and-forth missile exchange that resulted when I tried to boost those values... well, let's say I didn't get that territory card. Ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar thing happened to us with the World Capital Mission. I can't remember the exact details as it was a couple months ago. But it was the 15th game and a friend joined us for the first time.

Through some combination of his opening star, his headquarters, completing the mission, and maybe taking someone else's headquarters, he won on his first turn and was able to name to World Capital in Russia after a Russian model who had just dumped him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls